Press Release from Maurice Lindsay RE: Rock FM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
craigbeck

Press Release from Maurice Lindsay RE: Rock FM

Post by craigbeck »

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY 2ND NOVEMBER 2004

WARRIORS PAY TRIBUTE TO ROCK FM

In launching the clubs new sleeve sponsorship today Wigan Warriors paid tribute to outgoing sleeve sponsor Rock FM for their tremendous financial support over the last two Super League seasons. In addition, they were instrumental in helping to promote the club over the whole region. Rock FM will continue its tremendous association with the Warriors and an announcement will be made shortly to unveil the exciting new plans we have for this partnership.

Wigan Chairman, Maurice Lindsay paid tribute to Rock FM –

“ We are greatly indebted to the way that Rock FM have supported the club over the last two years, helping develop our support base not only through their massive audience in the Wigan area but also carrying the club message far out across the North West. I will be very pleased to see this association develop in the coming years with new initiatives between us.�

Rock FM Managing Director Paul Jordan said –

“ We are proud to have been able to show our support for the Warriors over the last two seasons as official radio station of the club and we are very excited about the future. We can’t wait to launch our new plans for the coming season and continue to grow this fantastic partnership.�

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
robjoenz

Re: Press Release from Maurice...

Post by robjoenz »

Maurice can't really say anything but nice things if RockFM are putting money Wigan's way, else they'd stop giving money.

Right, now take my cynical head off.

Is anyone on this message board a regular listener of RockFM (other than Craig Beck who just likes the sound of his own voice, just kidding). Whenever I'm back in the South North West (so to speak) I will listen to Rock FM but I've never heard any mention of Wigan Warriors.
kt4ever_1

Re: Press Release from Mau...

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I listen to it a bit and never heard them mention them!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well I know Craig Beck has mentioned wigan quite a few times, I remember the day of Leeds Wigan semi he said good luck to us quite a few times and mentioned the match. They're better than Sh FM.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

i cant get wish fm where i live so i always listen to rock and ive heard several times in the run up 2 games advertisements. When i can get wish all you ever hear is st's this st's that even the rugby league fone in is sponsered by the fun bus is it. I think rock fm do enough but im all for them doin even more.[/quote]
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

mario

Post by mario »

MrsLam posted:
Well I know Craig Beck has mentioned wigan quite a few times, I remember the day of Leeds Wigan semi he said good luck to us quite a few times and mentioned the match. They're better than Sh FM.
Even radio one gave that game a mention!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

They also reported on Radders being injured for the rest of the Tri-Nations. Radio 1 often does RL news lately I've noticed, Chappers (one of the DJs) went to the GF so perhaps he's a bit of a fan.

As for Wish FM, they do some more biased to Saints but both clubs get good coverage on the news each hour and the phone-in has both fans ringing in. From personal listening I would say Wish FM did a better job.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I used to listen to wish fm all the time, especially on wigan saints derby days because they got the fans to text and ring in but I want to listen to a station that is completely wigan bias for a change.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
craigbeck

Post by craigbeck »

I think most of the guys at Rock are into their soccer. Darren is a Liverpool nut and Mark Kaye Man UTD i guess people end up talking about what they know and love. Claire and Mick from the news room are big RL fans and so is Roy Basnet from Magic 999 - but he is a lifelong Widnes fan!

I talk up Rugby League because I think it is a fantastic sport and if footy fans gave it a go they would find out how much more entertaining it is to watch.

Craig Beck

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors