Slight concerns about Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Slight concerns about Hull

Post by Mike »

I'd just like to sound a note of caution about Wigan's chances at Hull and I hope I'm wrong.

If I've learned anything about this team this season its these two things. 1. They start matches badly. 2. The don't react well to matches that are supposed to be "easier" than the last one they won.

What I'm saying is that to win the GF we have to beat St Helens and Leeds. Oh and Hull too. Remember, we had to beat St Helens to win the Challenge Cup. Oh and Catalans too.

I just hope that Nobby can use that failure to improve the teams attitude at the start of the Hull match. We are not likely to see a comeback like last weeks for years, if they leave it until mid-way through the second half to focus they will be out this time. Against Hull, ability, strength and pace will not be a problem, we are more than a match for FC on our day, it will be the teams attitude, focus, determination and execution that will be crucial and from what I've seen this year its not certain that they will be able to acheive that.

Hope I'm wrong though, if we get through at Hull ,Leeds and Stains will easy! :)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
standishwarrior

Re: Slight concerns about Hull

Post by standishwarrior »

weve beat them away this year so there's no reason why they cant do it again!imo i think they will be fired up after what happened last week!if coming back from 30-6 down isnt an incentive to go on and win the grand final then i dont know what is.
shawcross da warrior

Re: Slight concerns about ...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i think we csn win the game but we cant play like w did last week we need to kick on from the start and play tio the best of our ability for the 80 minutes were not in the top 2's position were you can play agan we dont have that luxury so we need to make sure and gt as many points on the board as e can...
warriors

Post by warriors »

I can see where mike is coming from.
The problem with wigan is, they need to start off good at the first half.
I know that it is good at the second half when they have a good come back. But they need to play good for the 80mins. If they do that then like phil clarke says wigan are unstopable.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What people should not forget is that Hull nearly blew us away early at the JJB BUT then we hit a real purple patch. I am hoping that our wins are creating more confidence and with it better ball handling. At the end of the day if you complete your sets, kick well, tackle hard then you are in with a chance v anybody. Every team is dangerous.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

when we beat hull at the kc earlier this year they where going through a bad patch. I think this could be are hardest game this season so far.if we get 20 points behind we will not pull it back against hull ,they will be well aware after what we done to bradford
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pieater-alex posted:
To add to Mikes point:

We've beat leeds twice this year away

BUT

lost twice to Hull KR at home.

That sums his point up really.
If we turn up and play then there is not a side in SL that can beat us.

Unfortunately we beat ourselves very often and thats a big concern.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

waterside glens posted:
when we beat hull at the kc earlier this year they where going through a bad patch. I think this could be are hardest game this season so far.if we get 20 points behind we will not pull it back against hull ,they will be well aware after what we done to bradford
wg.. wigan that night were awsome! i dont think it would have mattered if hull had been playing well we would have still won!they have it in them to go anywhere and win! think were now unbeaten in the last 6 games! your right in saying it will be the hardest game of the season but i just think well have to much for them. given we get off to a decent start!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Its a matter of our forwards laying a platform for Barrett if they give him enough time and field position we should do it , unfortunately sometimes they don't turn up, sometimes for a full game sometimes for a half a game and sometimes for 55 mins .

Which team on Saturday?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!