Robbie Paul

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
LORENZO

Re: Robbie Paul

Post by LORENZO »

Robbie Paul is to sign for SALFORD REDS and is seen as the leader to bring them back from the wilderness next season.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

DaveO posted:
Shevi 4 life posted:
I dont think the games standard is droping i think its becoming a lot fairer and unlike football there arent 3 teams who win it
Well tell me the number of different teams to win a GF then and who they are?

Also just because something appears fair doesn't mean it is of a high standard.
and pay millions of pounds for player,think about mid-season bottom was 13points 4th was 20 cmon you cant beat that.
That proves nothing about the standard of play except it was close. It doesn't mean it was quality.
Each match is high intensity and either team can win,also rugby league is a very quick sport with very few stopages and we dont kick balls around aimlessly
The 20/25 ensures there are plenty of low intensity matches. Why? Well any side with a few injuries is reduced to playing kids. The standard of the team drops and so the intensity goes down. They may also lose a game or two because of it as well so we end up with a seemingly close competition.

I would also point to the home games against HKR and ask do you honestly think those were high intensity? Our win v Saints was but that match was on a different plane than some of the others. The game at home v Hudds was a drab affair for example.

A close league does not inevitably equal quality or intensity. It is another of those lies, damned lies and statistics sorts of things.

Dave
Absolutely spot on DaveO. The games where massive 'underdogs' have won this year haven't been hard fought battles between two sides playing well and a close result. They have been full of mistakes from the favourites combined with the underdogs playing to a level they are only capable of every 4 or 5 weeks. it would be interesting to see how many handling errors have been made this year, and how many silly penalties have been conceded compared to other years. My suspicion is that these will have increased, which in my opinion constitutes a slip in standards. We'll get stuffed by the Aussies yet again. I still believe that until U21's are exempt from the salary cap, encouraging clubs such as Huddersfield to spend money on youth development, the situation will not improve. At present having a good youth system only reduces the amount of money available to spend on the first team squad and provides a free service to other clubs with little or no youth infrastructure in place.If its good enough for NL why not SL?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

The standard now in SL is at its lowest. There are only for me 1 World Class british players in the game today. That is 1 player that would make it the World 13.

Cunningham - Still the best hooker in the World.

cunningham best hooker in super league..
no thanks one of the worst he's 4 stone overweight he's more like a prop every day. hookers today are far far sharper than he is he is too slow for me plus he plays for STAINS :angry: