Wigan v Sale Cross Code Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pie_eater_uk

Wigan v Sale Cross Code Match

Post by pie_eater_uk »

According to Teletext Sale want to play Wigan at Edgley Park after the sucess of the Saints/Sale game a couple of years back, (which Saints lost by the way!!!lol) itll be one half league other half union, i reacon Wigan could beat them at there own game!!!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Re: Wigan v Sale Cross Code Ma...

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Cant see the benefits to be honest
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
kt4ever_1

Re: Wigan v Sale Cross Cod...

Post by kt4ever_1 »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
Cant see the benefits to be honest

Me niether. Were League players not yawnion. We dont want to be playing that rubbish.
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

It seems to me they just want to make money thinking everybody's going to go because Jasons coming home.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

It's just a money making exercise and a good way of picking up injuries needlessly.

Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Given our rotten luck with injuries over the past two seasons I would not expose the players to playing union.

It is so different especially in the forwards I would expect it more likely they pick up injuries and that is the last thing we want.

I will be disappointed if the club goes for this as I can't see a benefit to Wigan. It is not going to be a great money earner and the publicity in the Union dominated press won't be thst great either.

By all accounts the Saints/Sale game was a waste of time as well so I just don't see the attraction.

Dave
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Apparently they want it for Kris Radlinski's testamonial seenas the Salford game no longer seems to be for him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Linzi posted:
Apparently they want it for Kris Radlinski's testamonial seenas the Salford game no longer seems to be for him.
I hope this is not true. I don't want to watch Wigan play RU for Rads testimonial. An RL game at the JJB at the end of the season after the GF should be arranged.

There will be another reduced scale tri-nations I think in 2005 so why not let the Aussies have warm up game v Wigan or a Radlinski select X111 as the testimonial?

Much better than feeding Union hacks with more anti-league ammunition.

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

That's a much better idea DaveO. He'd still get his testimonial and it wouldn't be a case of what they can fit in where. If it was sorted out now then when it comes to football fixtures or friendlies then the JJB stadium is already in use for a great player to have his testimonial match, end of story.

What a way to say thankyou to the best full back in super league. We mayaswell just say "Kris love, you've been an areet player you. Cheers"
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!