question for anyone to answer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
mandiww

question for anyone to answer

Post by mandiww »

hi everyone how are you im fantastic im really upset as well cant go tonite as i have had operation and just come out of hos and they will not let me go tonite im gutted i have a question but i am not sure who can answer it here goes on some tops in the store i have just been given a t shirt that says warriors 72 on and i am not quite sure what this means i know its not the number of fans because we are fantastic all 16.000 of us
Banksy

Re: question for anyone to ans...

Post by Banksy »

Founded 21st November 1872.
thegimble

Re: question for anyone to...

Post by thegimble »

Millards age?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The score in the Grand Final 2007 when we beat Saints 72-0?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I was being serious by the way we where founded in 1872.
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Wigan Warriors Rugby League Football Club is one of the most famous and successful sports club’s in the world. The club has grown from humble beginnings into one of the giants of British sport.

The town’s first rugby club was Wigan F.C. founded in 1872 by a group of members of the town’s Cricket Club. Wigan FC played on Folly Field, near Upper Dicconson Street. Until financial problems and an inability to recruit quality players led to a merger with Up Holland F.C. and the creation of a new club Wigan and District F.C. The new club played its home games at the then Wigan Cricket Club, in Prescott Street. Eighteen months later however and this initial foray into the world of rugby was over and the club disbanded.

In 1879 a new club Wigan Wasps was formed following a meeting in the Dicconson Arms. This new rugby club evolved into the current Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club we now know today.

The club initially played in blue and white hooped jerseys before changing in 1886 to the now famous ‘Cherry and White’ hoops that are synonymous with the club today.

In 1895 the Wigan club became founder members of the Northern Union following the breakaway from the Rugby Union.

On 6 September 1902 the club played at its new purpose built ground Central Park for the first time against Batley in the opening match of the Northern Union’s newly formed First Division. An estimated crowd of 9,000 spectators saw Wigan beat Batley by 14 points to 8.

The tenure at Central Park lasted until 1999 when the curtain fell on the famous old stadium after a pulsating final clash between Wigan and arch rivals St Helens.

In between those years, the Cherry and Whites brought plenty of silverware back to Central Park, including 1 Grand Final Trophy, 17 League Championships, the Challenge Cup on many occasions including a record beating eight consecutive times between 1988 and 1995, 20 Lancashire Cups and a plethora of other titles including 3 World Championship wins.

The first of those World Club Championship successes came in 1987, when Australian club side Manly came to Central Park and were defeated 8-4 in a thriller in front of a crowd of over 38,000.

Other proud moments include a win by Great Britain in the 1992 test Series over Australia, when a pack of forwards made up entirely of Wigan stars pounded the Aussies into submission in Melbourne.

But ask any current player the best moment in a Wigan shirt and chances are that the answer will be the 1994 World Club Championship success, when Wigan beat Brisbane against all the odds at the ANZ Stadium in Australia.

Wigan now grace the JJB Stadium on a weekly basis and already they have been involved in many matches that have been listed as the best ever in the summer era of Super League. The JJB Stadium and rugby league seems like a perfect match.

Wigan at the JJB Stadium - Super League doesn’t get much better.
Campions of the rugby world.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Antwigan posted:
Wigan Warriors Rugby League Football Club is one of the most famous and successful sports club’s in the world. The club has grown from humble beginnings into one of the giants of British sport.

<snip>
Which should have been identified as coming from the club website http://www.wiganwarriors.com/MidContent.asp?cid=22

Please remember to quote the source when copying off other websites, copywrite laws and all that do apply.... Thank you.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
butt monkey

Re: question for anyone to ans...

Post by butt monkey »

mandiww posted:
i have just been given a t shirt that says warriors 72 on and i am not quite sure what this means
It could mean we are changing our nickname to Wigan Hafnium :lol: :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!