MOS is......

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jollygiant3107

Re: MOS is......

Post by jollygiant3107 »

:o well im in shock.........me think something happened behind the scenes somewhere along the line,i wouldnt have posted about it being barrett if someone that is so called in the know hadnt told me that it was barrett 2 weeks ago,that it was a done deal,this person is quite high up in the rugby league world and even told me to put a lot of money on it being barrett. :exc: :exc:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jollygiant3107 posted:
...and even told me to put a lot of money on it being barrett. :exc: :exc:
That raises an interesting point: what were the odds on Roby, and are the panellists allowed to place a bet on the outcome...?
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I think it was quite hard to pick AMOS this season i dont think anybody has stud out.Roby was a shock,but some of the comments against him are definately biased ,some body said he was wanting against us at the JJB but he tore us to shreds the game before at Knowsly Road and i hate to burst most peoples rose tinted glasses but Trent was non exsistant in three of the saints matches this year.I think for consistancy through out the season Whelans should have probably got it again The one thing i will agree on is the farce with Ganson unbelievable
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

BIG AL posted:
I think it was quite hard to pick AMOS this season i dont think anybody has stud out.Roby was a shock,but some of the comments against him are definately biased ,some body said he was wanting against us at the JJB but he tore us to shreds the game before at Knowsly Road and i hate to burst most peoples rose tinted glasses but Trent was non exsistant in three of the saints matches this year.
Has Roby has a perfect season? I very much doubt it but it isn't relevant anyway. Barrett has done what he as done behind a beaten pack for most of the season and you can count the number of poor games he has had on the fingers of one hand but again this not relevant.

The fact Barrett had the odd off game does not alter the fact that he had more influence than any other player in SL this year and that is what the award is supposed to be about. Those voting seem to have forgotten this and so do quite a few fans.

Roby has not even been Saints most influential player this year. That accolade is between Pryce and Fozzard IMO.

When you understand what the award is for the fact Roby played well in one game v us and not in another should have nothing to do with it - as should the odd quiet performance from Barrett who don't forget was playing in a lesser side to start with.
I think for consistancy through out the season Whelans should have probably got it again
If the award was for consistency throughout the season then yes he should have got the award but it isn't for that.

Dave
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

jollygiant3107 posted:
:D its trent,wherever you heard that its james roby,you havent got a very good source of info,its gonna be trent 100 percent. :wink:
GUTTED
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!