GF Officials Announced!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

GF Officials Announced!

Post by turf »

According to www.therfl.co.uk:

Referee - Ashley Klein

Reserve Referee - Phil Bentham

Video Referee - Ben Thaler

That is hugely harsh to any of the other referees who haven't had a turn at refereeing the GF yet.

If it was me it would have been Thaler for ROTY and it would also have been Thaler out in the middle on Saturday night.
ancientnloyal

Re: GF Officials Announced!

Post by ancientnloyal »

Thank god is isnt up to you then. Klein is an ok choice I guess. 2nd 'best' referee n'all out of 6
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I am going to get very drunk on Saturday night. You care to join me Turf? I think you might need it from the "sounds" of your post. :)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
That is hugely harsh to any of the other referees who haven't had a turn at refereeing the GF yet.
That's like saying it's hugely unfair on Wakefield and Warrington because Saints and Leeds have been in the Grand Final before.
turf

Re: GF Officials Announced...

Post by turf »

What it sound like you lot are saying then is lets give git Ganson/Klein every year and s*d the other four of them who have never had a big match atmosphere like Old Trafford.

Be fair people! :angry:

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
What it sound like you lot are saying then is lets give git Ganson/Klein every year and s*d the other four of them who have never had a big match atmosphere like Old Trafford.

Let's give Hull KR and Warrington a go too, they've never been in the Grand Final.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Since when has fair ever mattered in RL? You did see what happened at the MOS awards last night I take it?

Fat boy would have ref'd it - however even cummins can't give it to him as stains are playing (though I bet he would have tried had they been playing us).

I don't really think that any of the refs have been head and shoulders above their counterparts over the course of the season - although I'll concede that from what I have seen of him Thaler has probably been the pick.

The fact that the two morons in charge for saturday night completely fouled up in cardiff and decided the result; yet have been given the nod shows just how poor a chief of referees cummins is.

As we won't have to suffer the incompetence of bert and ernie on saturday night; I must confess that I am not that bothered who refs it - I would prefer Leeds to win - but that is more to do with my dislike of stains than any desire to see Leeds be successful.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Bear

Post by Bear »

turf posted:

I agree turfy. These refs are the worst ive ever seen but thinking about it they have a very hard job, and other teams will feel the same when decisions go against them. But the ref dosent Drive the ball in, put the plays on or tackles.
Yes it would be a big job for the ref as he is realy the BOSS of the game. Without him there would be no game of rugby
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!