Have Rugby League lost its marbles -- Part time Roby man of steel

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jimofwigan

Have Rugby League lost its marbles -- Part time Roby man of steel

Post by jimofwigan »

It is rumoured that those who run Rugby League are running scared of public opinion. That opinion is anything with a Wigan connection must be attacked.
This is the reason Roby 40 maybe 50 minutes a match has been awwarded man of Steel. Roby knows he was 2nd best to Trent, Wellens, and Demitru.But to give it the best player when that player is in a Wigan shirt is an absolute no to the cowards of rugby league :eusa9:
screamy18

Re: Have Rugby League lost its...

Post by screamy18 »

i agree most of the awards that were given out were wrong the worst was bloody ganson gettin ref of the year !!
butt monkey

Re: Have Rugby League lost...

Post by butt monkey »

Unless there was a split vote between Wellens and Barrett, the result meaning that the unfancied third placer took the prize! Well that's what I think. :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Either that or the selectors had £10 each on Roby to win it.In which case each member won £18,000
:sly: :sly:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Contrary to the suggestion put forward by the title of this thread, the RFL knew exactly what they were doing when they chose Roby as MOS.

When this season started, a lot of people - including a lot of the little men (mainly from Yorkshire) who run the game - were banking on Wigan suffering relegation through a massive 12-points deduction.

Not only would this mean that all the clubs to which they themselves are affiliated - yes, though they're not supposed to be, the majority of the people running our game are still parochial biggots unashamedly attached to their clubs of origin - would be safe from relegation themselves (especially important in the penultimate season to the franchises), it would also mean that "those bastards from Wigan would finally have got what's coming to um!"

You can't understate the level of feeling here. These men were drooling at the prospect of seeing Wigan punished severely for all the times we've thrashed their backsides in the past and shown up their paltry numbers of fans with our fanatical legions.

And what happens? Not only do we not take the 12-point hit they were counting on (and, I suspect, promised), but after a very indifferent season, we manage to battle our way into the play-offs and only fall at the final hurdle, grabbing all the headlines and being seen as brave heroes by the press.

This was completely unacceptable and a decision was quickly made that, whatever else happened, the 2007 season was not going to end without disappointment for Wigan. Why else would Wire, who were supposed to provide a neutral venue for the CC semi final, be allowed to get away with making it as hostile an environment for Wigan as possible? Why else would we have finished up with Steve Ganson as ref for all our final (and most important) matches?

In the end of course, denying our star player - and in truth the star player of the season - the MOS award, was just the icing on their poisoned cake. If it seems petty of them, just picture the sort of people sitting on the Yorkshire quango that made the final MOS decision, and ask yourself if you'd put anything of this nature past them.

The great irony is of course, that Barrett was so far ahead of every other contender that they couldn't even think of a realistic rival candidate and opted for Roby because he happened to be the kid of the moment - something the neutral press picked up on almost immediately.

They make me spew, but then they've always made me spew. As long as petty people like this are running RL in Britain and continuously steering us away from embracing the winning culture that has made Australia the greatest RL nature on Earth, we'll remain a backward game confined to the M62 corridor (and won't a lot of these men be absolutely delighted by that).
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

what a god idea if i was a selector i would get someone to put me 50 quid on every year you would be rolling in it...... :lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Cruncher posted:
Contrary to the suggestion put forward by the title of this thread, the RFL knew exactly what they were doing when they chose Roby as MOS.

When this season started, a lot of people - including a lot of the little men (mainly from Yorkshire) who run the game - were banking on Wigan suffering relegation through a massive 12-points deduction.

Not only would this mean that all the clubs to which they themselves are affiliated - yes, though they're not supposed to be, the majority of the people running our game are still parochial biggots unashamedly attached to their clubs of origin - would be safe from relegation themselves (especially important in the penultimate season to the franchises), it would also mean that "those bastards from Wigan would finally have got what's coming to um!"

You can't understate the level of feeling here. These men were drooling at the prospect of seeing Wigan punished severely for all the times we've thrashed their backsides in the past and shown up their paltry numbers of fans with our fanatical legions.

And what happens? Not only do we not take the 12-point hit they were counting on (and, I suspect, promised), but after a very indifferent season, we manage to battle our way into the play-offs and only fall at the final hurdle, grabbing all the headlines and being seen as brave heroes by the press.

This was completely unacceptable and a decision was quickly made that, whatever else happened, the 2007 season was not going to end without disappointment for Wigan. Why else would Wire, who were supposed to provide a neutral venue for the CC semi final, be allowed to get away with making it as hostile an environment for Wigan as possible? Why else would we have finished up with Steve Ganson as ref for all our final (and most important) matches?

In the end of course, denying our star player - and in truth the star player of the season - the MOS award, was just the icing on their poisoned cake. If it seems petty of them, just picture the sort of people sitting on the Yorkshire quango that made the final MOS decision, and ask yourself if you'd put anything of this nature past them.

The great irony is of course, that Barrett was so far ahead of every other contender that they couldn't even think of a realistic rival candidate and opted for Roby because he happened to be the kid of the moment - something the neutral press picked up on almost immediately.

They make me spew, but then they've always made me spew. As long as petty people like this are running RL in Britain and continuously steering us away from embracing the winning culture that has made Australia the greatest RL nature on Earth, we'll remain a backward game confined to the M62 corridor (and won't a lot of these men be absolutely delighted by that).
Sounds like a case for the

then :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!