Leigh's new signings lol

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Leigh's new signings l...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ancientnloyal posted:
Very good signings for Leigh to be honest. (no joke)
Leigh are also signing Duffy and Fletcher from Whitehaven (pretty solid performers). They could be the surprise NHL1 package next season.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Leigh are also signing Duffy and Fletcher from Whitehaven (pretty solid performers). They could be the surprise NHL1 package next season.
They certainly could - their pitch is better suited for hockey anyway!
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

I would imagine theyre getting their competative team ready with it all aimed at the franchise, dont know when their new stadium will be ready no doubt it will be finised in the halliwell jones style, (toilet), then their name change also from Centurions to Flashers! LOL

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

butt monkey posted:
Fraggle posted:
warrior till i die posted:
we always seem to announce our signings late. Last year it seemed to be about christmas when we announced them!
My take on this, as I've posted elsewhere, is that we shouldn't really care about other clubs signing players unless those players were likely to be of interest to us. Leigh can sign the entire Widnes squad for all I care, none of those players would be even considered for coming back to Wigan in any case.

If our rivals start announcing their signing of some big stars, then that's the time to worry. The fact we don't have an announcement to match Leigh's signing of Dennis Moron isn't going to cost me any sleep at all!
For me Fraggle, I think that there is some consternation at the club's inactivity. Rather than picking, as your doing, at actually which club has signed which player!

The argument being used to dispel any potential worries over team strengthening, was that, until Wigan's season actually finished, and a new owner named, We were unlikely to announce any progress on that particular front.

However, Wigan appears to be as close to being taken over now, as they did 12 months ago. Where exactly does this put the club and its future? (Besides Limbo).

What (and I have also asked the question elsewhere), is holding up any announcement? What is the problem now, that the supposed takeover has been finalised? Has it been finalised? or has it fallen through? Why the secrecy? Is there new, or renewed interest from another buying party?

There are far more questions than answers, and until some progress is made as regards ownership/money spent on rebuilding the team, optimism will be replaced by scepticism and cynicism.

That is human nature, we as fans, are wondering where OUR Season Ticket money is ending up - DW's bank account before selling up? Or to an Unnamed (as yet) entity with no desire to spend on the team.

To argue that Stains and Leeds haven't announced signings yet is pathetic. For one, both sides have retained a majority of their first team squad for next season (rendering new signings, as minor tinkering to a stable team at best). And quite possibly already have their proposed targets "in the bag", ready to announce, when their season ends on Saturday anyway.

We shall see exactly what their plans are in the coming months, as far as recruitment is concerned. Will we see Wigans? or will the "Takeover" be more myth and hype than actual fact - leaving the fans to a sense of wonderment at actual prospects for the coming season.

Bearing in mind, despite late signing announcements for Wigan (made in the past), were ALL accepted to have already been "done deals" before hand. Rarely were ANY of the signings considered to be "shock" announcements, they were all pretty much long term agreements, if not announcements (ala Coley).

IMO, the situation is a farce now. Either DW gives Brian Noble the "Full Go Ahead", to sign players, or he sells the club to a responsible and committed purchaser, who is willing to do so!

My own thought are, and I think some others have voiced their concern on here, is that DW, whilst he bought the club on the relative cheap, is unwilling to let the club go for anything less than what HE feels is profitable for Mr Whelan (or Whelco, or some other DW entity) long-term!
Great post But Monkey but that bloody cat thing at the bottom always makes me laugh and takes away what you've just wrote :lol: