DaiJones, you are too late

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

DaiJones, you are too late

Post by ian.birchall »

to get my spare copy of that knock out video
'Coppull Memories 1830-2002'. I have sent it to my friend the Sydney (she lives next door to the Parammatta Eels Physio) GP who I discuss all those delicate elderly male medical problems with. She was a Latvian refugee who lived in Coppull after the war but whose father felt that Coppull was not far enough away from the Red Menace so he took the entire family out to Oz when the Hungarian uprising was ruthlessly supressed in 1957, and who was Russia's ambassador in Hungary at the time who masterminded the slaughter but that, 25 years later, old cold war President Andropov, when she was 12, talk about frying pans and fires!.
As a man in the media and with an interest in the northern working man you might like to know that the video is available from Bellcoft Productions in Coppull for the bargain price of £12.95 plus £1 p&p. Joking apart it is an interesting insight into the conditions of the working classes in the 19th and early 20th century, remember the 5 primary school children drowned in one aternoon in the mid 1880's when the ice on the flash at the pit broke when they were skating on it one lunchtime, these early photographic momentoes are very moving.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaiJones

Re: DaiJones, you are too late

Post by DaiJones »

I shall be ordering my copy on my next visit back north Ian, I remember driving an ex girlfriend from London through Coppull once and she thought it was hilarious because we had to drive around chickens on the main road..."This is quaint" she said. I don't think it was quite what she imagined when she found out I lived in Wigan. She didn't last long.
ian.birchall

Re: DaiJones, you are too ...

Post by ian.birchall »

DaiJones, I can only think that she must have been worrying about her figure when she realised that the staple diet was pie barm cakes!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.