Mick Nanyn(spelling?)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Re: Mick Nanyn(spelling?)

Post by BriH »

Thanks everybody for your thoughts on Mick Nanyn. I agree, that at the moment he is too heavy, too 0ne-dimensional etc. etc. I was looking really at his potential. Wigan's coaching etc. might get rid of all the perceived faults you have all idetified. I remember Tuigamala when he first arrived at Wigan and he was told to lose a stone! Great discussion!!
mano

Post by mano »

no it the lad from the u21s who they are looking at.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Bri, I watched him many times on my visits to the Recreation ground for Whitehaven matches. His best assts are his goal kicking skills plus he is quite powerful... He can be extremely lazy, and often does not run his weight. I would tend to lean towards a much faster centre than Mick Nanyn.
I was going to say the same, I used to go down the Recre and thought at times he didn't look interested. When things were good though he was always there.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Mike Nanyn is awful shows how bad he was when Wigan beat them in the cup.

As for the N.L, Dennis Moran N.L Player of the year.Says a lot for that league if Moran is N.LS equvilent to the man of steel.

I for one would have Westerman from Cas he is outstanding.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

moran had a very good season this year .He didn't get the award for what he did (OR DIDN'T )do at wigan Give him a break
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

robjoenz posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
Bri, I watched him many times on my visits to the Recreation ground for Whitehaven matches. His best assts are his goal kicking skills plus he is quite powerful... He can be extremely lazy, and often does not run his weight. I would tend to lean towards a much faster centre than Mick Nanyn.
I was going to say the same, I used to go down the Recre and thought at times he didn't look interested. When things were good though he was always there.
you from bonny cumbria, robjoenz ?
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

waterside glens posted:
moran had a very good season this year .He didn't get the award for what he did (OR DIDN'T )do at wigan Give him a break

He didnt do anything at Wigan and was possibly the worst scrum half Wigan has ever had.Going from that to player of the year just shows how bad the national league is, I bet you Danny Brough does nothing for Wakey next year this is why Hull got rid of him and hes 20 times a better player than Moran. He looks class against very inferior opposition with nowhwere near the match intensity of Super League.
And Nanyn is to fat,to slow and too one dimensional to have an impact on Super League.

All in all bring the youngsters on or buy quality young players from other clubs.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

lancaster077 posted:
waterside glens posted:

He didnt do anything at Wigan and was possibly the worst scrum half Wigan has ever had.Going from that to player of the year just shows how bad the national league is, I bet you Danny Brough does nothing for Wakey next year this is why Hull got rid of him and hes 20 times a better player than Moran. He looks class against very inferior opposition with nowhwere near the match intensity of Super League.
And Nanyn is to fat,to slow and too one dimensional to have an impact on Super League.

All in all bring the youngsters on or buy quality young players from other clubs.
I think Danny Brough will surprise a few people next season. He is a clever player. He has come on more than probably most players over the passed two years. it was only three seasons ago that he was No 7 for York City Knights in NHL2. Big step, I know, however he has progressed very well.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

lancaster077 posted:
waterside glens posted:

He didn't do anything at Wigan and was possibly the worst scrum half Wigan has ever had.
Jimmy Fairhurst?, Martin Crompton? Craig Murdock?. Were all poor scrum halves over the years to have played for Wigan (unfortunately).
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!