Jason Robinson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: Jason Robinson

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

thanks billy whizz,
he helped us to win some great honours and did his country proud in both codes
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

ignore the flipant post before, IMO the loss of quality players and inability to manage the cap in relation to the right players was never highlighted as much as the loss to union of billy. I love the papers comment explaining how the billy whizz thing came about like it was something dreamt up in his union days, complete denial of the package they bought not not atalent they moulded.
BriH

Post by BriH »

A fantastic advert for RL! For a player to change codes ath end of a RL career and then take RU by storm is something else. I remeber the RU commentators salivating at some of Billy Wiz's famous tackle bursting runs and I used to think "you should have seen him at his best playing for Wigan". Howver, it used to make me sick to hear the RaRa boys making out they had discovered him!!!!
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

I am NOT knocking someone for being religeous - I have no problem with that but...

I really do hate it when the papers say things like "God told me to come out of retirement" or "God has written the script for me".
Whilst i realise that it may just be a line for the papers it annoys the hell out of me.

Why does he think god is supporting him?
What has he done for god to have chosen him above the opposition?
does he credit god for making him limp out of his last match?

I loved Whizz as a league player. Luckily got to know him pretty well and told him he was wasted on rah rah.
Maybe god agreed with me...
HE TOLD ME THEY WOULD LOSE THE FINAL!

He might remember how he used to talk now he has retired?
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

consigliere posted:
I am NOT knocking someone for being religeous - I have no problem with that but...

I really do hate it when the papers say things like "God told me to come out of retirement" or "God has written the script for me".
Whilst i realise that it may just be a line for the papers it annoys the hell out of me.

Why does he think god is supporting him?
What has he done for god to have chosen him above the opposition?
does he credit god for making him limp out of his last match?

I loved Whizz as a league player. Luckily got to know him pretty well and told him he was wasted on rah rah.
Maybe god agreed with me...
HE TOLD ME THEY WOULD LOSE THE FINAL!

He might remember how he used to talk now he has retired?
did he text u b4 or after me :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have misgivings about this Saint Billy stuff which entirely outweigh any thoughts of gratitude...

he did play well for us, but was very well paid for doing so

he would have left us earlier but we paid him a wedge to keep him after he signed up for the ARL in the Super League war

he didn't come clean during his last season with us that he was going until the last minute

he tried to persuade Rads to switch to the dark side (as did Farrell)

he could have stayed in our game and played one last World Cup for us in 2000 but couldn't leave us quickly enough

So, thanks but no thanks. He has perfectly managed his image and his accent to suit Saint Billy, and been paid a wedge for doing so. The success with which he has done do so is reflected in folk from our side wishing him well.
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

Well Exiled Wiganer i take it your not a fan of Jason Robinson then .You keep mentioning money well i hate to tell you but thats why most of us go to work and to any pro, weather a footballer, a cricketer, or a rugby player who plays for wigan its just a job ,and i dont care about his accent for the vast majority of his time at wigan he was briliant,he moved to a new job in union and he was briliant at that as well so i say well done jason, thanks and have a good retirement
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

jason is married to my 2nd cousin Amanda Tracey :)
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

jayde_hates_lon gy posted:
jason is married to my 2nd cousin Amanda Tracey :)
And a nice guy he is too despite what some may say of here. I take it you know him better than anyone one here. What a great player he was, only player on england team i thought played for the shirt & country.

And im not a RU fan

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
I have misgivings about this Saint Billy stuff which entirely outweigh any thoughts of gratitude...

he did play well for us, but was very well paid for doing so

he would have left us earlier but we paid him a wedge to keep him after he signed up for the ARL in the Super League war

he didn't come clean during his last season with us that he was going until the last minute

he tried to persuade Rads to switch to the dark side (as did Farrell)

he could have stayed in our game and played one last World Cup for us in 2000 but couldn't leave us quickly enough

So, thanks but no thanks. He has perfectly managed his image and his accent to suit Saint Billy, and been paid a wedge for doing so. The success with which he has done do so is reflected in folk from our side wishing him well.
I would suggest you read his autobiography exiled wiganer it may answer a few you have posed in the above post.