rah rah

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

rah rah

Post by DaiJones »

Interesting article by Jonny Wilkinson in yesterday's Times concerning England RU and their recent spell training with Leeds Rhinos. He bangs on about how great League is and how much they can still learn from us and again claims to be a lifelong Wigan fan who grew up idolising Ellery Hanley. Good old Jonny.

Very disappointed to see my beloved Wales have expressed an interest in training with a League team as well but appear to have been poorly advised and plumped for Saints.Surely some mistake. What value is that going to be? I suppose at least they won't pick up any injuries for the Six Nations.
proud_pie_eater

Re: rah rah

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Not training with saints anyway! They should at least try to look at a team who have just spent time in one of the best forign training facilities available! WIGAN!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Seeing as Jonny is such a big wigan fan anyway!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mario

Post by mario »

They were talking about it on rugby union grandstand for most of the program. They were all in agreement that league had sorted out unions defence and now they need league coaches to improve thier attacking play.I'm sure Stephen Jones will be slagging them all off in the times tommorrow.
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Insider information from here in darkest Wales. Its actually Stains who asked Wales to go and train with them. The reason being (so my source tells me) is that they want Wales to teach them to tackle on time and not as late as last season ( Hooper, Fozzard etc.) They are also going to be taught to roll away after the tackle has been made.

Iestyn Harris was a classic example of a league player opening up defences. If only union players had learnt to play with him. I know I keep banging on about this but I really felt he was badly let down by the Welsh Rugby Union.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I don't usually watch much union but I was bored last weekend and was suprised how much the scrum was like ours only with some extra guys in there. Each time it was fed into the second row, there was no contesting at all.

League also have had some help from Union. Hull FC used a Union kicking coach to help Paul Cooke improve his conversion ratio.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Welsh Warrior posted:
Insider information from here in darkest Wales. Its actually Stains who asked Wales to go and train with them. The reason being (so my source tells me) is that they want Wales to teach them to tackle on time and not as late as last season ( Hooper, Fozzard etc.) They are also going to be taught to roll away after the tackle has been made.
And to let go of the ball when they're tackled? I'd love to watch that....
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Iyestn Harris does say that he has never been fitter since he started playing rugby league again. With RU he lost all of his fittness and found it hard to play the same speed and quality when he came back.
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!