Will this be the start of a new era?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Will this be the start...

Post by lucky 13 »

Fraggle I would agree with what you say but not all will be as patient and my point was some rumblings have started already and we don't know whats happening yet :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

lucky 13 posted:
Fraggle I would agree with what you say but not all will be as patient and my point was some rumblings have started already and we don't know whats happening yet :blush:
True, but having gone through a takeover situation at work in recent years, and been involved in several restructurings since then, lack of news is a very very common thing in such situations. I'm sure the situation will change after whatever is announced in the press conference that should be taking place at this moment...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 posted:
We are being left behind no signings
How can he still be involved at quins?
How can Lydon be given a top job no experience and so on .....
So you don't think these are legitimate questions to ask of the club then? Regardless of who the new owner is the season starts on Feb 3rd and won't wait for the club to sort itself out at its leisure. With DV, Fletcher and probably Millard out and with Ashton and Withers also gone our squad is now even lighter than it was at the start of the 2007 season. This needs to be sorted out which I think is stating the obvious.

Regarding Lenegan he probably still can be involved at Quins but given the fact DW and Mo were often criticised for being part timers with other outside interests calling on their time, how come it would all of a sudden be OK for our new owner to be exactly the same?

As to Lydon can you tell me why anyone with no experience should be given a top job? I can't think of a good reason.

Dave

Bear

Post by Bear »

I think that the take over will be good for the club,
A new start, fresh slate int it.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I've got my fingers crossed. Not too sure about Lydon but we shall see.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO posted:

So you don't think these are legitimate questions to ask of the club then?
Yes I do when we actually know who to ask and if nothing happens after the new owners have been given due coarse to answer
Regardless of who the new owner is the season starts on Feb 3rd and won't wait for the club to sort itself out at its leisure. With DV, Fletcher and probably Millard out and with Ashton and Withers also gone our squad is now even lighter than it was at the start of the 2007 season. This needs to be sorted out which I think is stating the obvious.
Well we know now that he and his staff have looked over the books and basically not a lot is left to spend
Regarding Lenegan he probably still can be involved at Quins but given the fact DW and Mo were often criticised for being part timers with other outside interests calling on their time, how come it would all of a sudden be OK for our new owner to be exactly the same?
Well again now he has been given the opportunity to answer he wants to be at the helm and in control
As to Lydon can you tell me why anyone with no experience should be given a top job? I can't think of a good reason.
Again he seems like he is bringing in Lydon and showing him the ropes his interview has took away any doubts I had about the appointment

Dave this was my point given the time he may well have the answers ,has he showed today all the points we have raised as fans he has answered and although it would be great to see 3 great players announced looks like the clubs integrity is of a greater importance, we now have a owner who looks like he wants us to win inside the rules
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Regarding the dual ownership the RFL have told Lenegan he has two years to dispose of the club. That comes from the current news article on the BBC web site.

In the same way DW would not sell us to just anyone Lenegan is saying the same sort of thing about Quins but at least he is planning to get out of Quins.

This is a goods thing with no possibility of being accused of favouring one club over the other with new signings or any other form of dodgy dealings.

Makes you wonder why the RFL have not the Hethrington's to do the same. Yes I know they are different people but they are married so this looks just as dodgy to me.

Dave
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO posted:
Regarding the dual ownership the RFL have told Lenegan he has two years to dispose of the club. That comes from the current news article on the BBC web site.

In the same way DW would not sell us to just anyone Lenegan is saying the same sort of thing about Quins but at least he is planning to get out of Quins.

This is a goods thing with no possibility of being accused of favouring one club over the other with new signings or any other form of dodgy dealings.

Makes you wonder why the RFL have not the Hethrington's to do the same. Yes I know they are different people but they are married so this looks just as dodgy to me.

Dave
Totally agree with the Hethrington's its farcical but now we have that Muppet in control of the RFL well it may get worse :blush:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
windy

Post by windy »

Leeds are owned by Carrick, Hethrington is the chief exec
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

why has lenagan only bought 89% of the club? who owns the other 11%?. i understand its the controling intrest buy why not buy it all. maybe the new management will be more flexable with the wage structure like they are at quins :wink:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart