Request to moderators.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
butt monkey

Re: Request to moderators.

Post by butt monkey »

God posted:
Tell me about it them laxatives are useless its packed in harder than a lorry drivers lunchbox. :lol: :lol:
You should read my book.

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

butt monkey posted:
Fraggle posted:
GeoffN posted:
I hold sincere beliefs that muppets created the world, and Fraggle is mocking those beliefs...
That's blasphemous, it is a well-known fact that Fraggles and Muppets are all descended from the originator of our species, the great Kermit.
Surely, you mean Jim Henson?
JH was Eve to Kermit's Adam. Jim was originally called Edna, and only started growing the beard once Kermit had rejected him, erm, her, for Miss Piggy. Hardly a surprise really, I think it would be a severe shock to any of us being dumped for Miss Piggy...

I'm sure I saw this all on Wikipedia or some other website of true facts. I'm not making it all up as I go along, honest...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

anyone read the book of jubilee's or the book of enoch ?These came along 200 bc but in general tell the same story as the bible only they give alot more to the dark side
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

gpartin posted:
I can see both arguments to be honest. If we had a muslim supporter and he asked for the name Allah not to be used I'm pretty sure the request would be adhered to. However I can't really see what the fuss is about.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't! (Being the only deity that matters around here :lol: )
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

warriors10 posted:
highland convert posted:
Moderators please do something about the poster calling himself God. As a Christian I find it highly offensive. It is desgned to mock. I am surely not the only one here that feels like this. You are quick enough to stamp out swearing. A good thing. This to me and I am sure many others is far worse. Please ask that the name be changed. HC
:D lmao get a life you sad sad person!
warriors10 - This comment falls into the personal insult category and is clearly designed to be inflamatory, any more posts like this and you will be blocked.

EDIT - I saw everyones rebukes and your apology. Don't do it again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

GeoffN posted:
If, say, a feminist came on and complained about Mike Binder's lovely avatar
Its on the cusp I can tell you - it would only take one concerned parent to complain ...

GeoffN posted:
or a Saints fan complained about feka'sjockstrap's highly amusing "shirts" avatar
:lol: :lol: :lol: They would have no chance - regardless of religion!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

highland convert posted:
It is sad that a simple request to the moderators leads to such a load of ballony. "Let's kick the Christian." Firstly religion is a belief or faith. It is not followed blindly but by an acceptance of that faith to be true. You may follow Wigan and then change with little consiquence. Christianity is not a team to be followed as much as a way of life to be lived. You do not have to be sad to have faith. In fact a Christian has more to look forward to than the non-Christian. God is the centre of the Christian faith. As one poster put it there is more than one god being followed. Put the picture with the title and there can be no doubt what god he/she is refering to. It is therefore the reason for my complaint. Mock if you want but my complaint stands. I have the right to say if something offends. I have done so. What will come of it will be down to the poster and the moderators. Hopefully he/she will change their login name. Oh and finally Highland Convert comes from the fact that though I was born in the borders I lived in north scotland most of my life. The fact that I was also a union prop led to my handle, Convert is the moving of allegience from union to league. Nothing what so ever to do with religeon. HC
God posted:
Wow i never expected such a response from a user name and after all that is what it is A USER NAME.

Im not here to take the Mick out of anybody or any religion.
Im not here to be offensive and im not here as a wind up.Also more importantly im not a Football Fan or Latics fan for that matter.Im here as a Rugby fan and in reference to the great man Trent Barrett.

The response on here from certain members are quite silly and alot of people have jumped to conclusion with knee jerk reactions.

Im just wondering if anybody was overly offended if God was on the back of a persons shirt.

Freedom of speech and tounge in cheek humour is being shut down in this country i thought this country was a democracy? You cant seem to keep anybody happy without offending somebody.I also feel people are jumping on the P.C wagon which is also destroying our country and creating divides.

I wish sometimes people had a sense of humour as this country is depressing enough already.
:( :(
I hope that these issues have now been laid to rest by the change of user image. It appears that no offence was intended and hopefully compromise has been reached.

Also, I'd like to put on record that no site rules were breached by highland convert in his complaint or by God in his choice of avatar or image. There was no compulsion for God to change either his user name or use image.

One final facetious remark: how do we know God isn't God, maybe he's really the one orginal monotheistic deity and a Wigan fan? :roll:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pieater-alex posted:
I just wish more people would believe in the 'string' theorem about the universe creation. Then we wouldnt have all this 7 days nonesense. HC is entitled to his beliefs thats fine
You've just gone against what the whole topic is about. Everyone is entitled to there beliefs agreed, but people should express there beliefs at the appropriate time however people should not come out openly disrespecting other peoples beliefs which you have done.

And the reason most people dont believe in the big bang theory is because although the Big Bang is a theory that sounds impressive on the surface, but simply does not hold up to extensive examination.

The big bang theory being:

Somewhere between 18 and 20 billion years ago, all of the matter in the universe was compressed into a tiny space no larger than the dot on a page. This dot spun faster and faster until it exploded, thus creating the Universe and everything in it.

There are many problems with this theory. And the theory itself still does not answer many important questions.. Such as where did all the matter come from?

If all the matter in the universe was compressed into a small dot, what caused this to happen? Where did gravity come from that held it together?

If this "dot" spun rapidly until it exploded., then where did the energy come from to start the spinning?

Also, in an environment without friction you would have this spinning dot going so fast it would then explode. If this happened, then all of the particles and matter being expelled from this "spinning dot" would all have to spin in the same direction as the dot they exploded from.

So as you can see there are as many things that dont add up to the big bang theory as the bible.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry - let me recover my composure...

Christ, I didn't realise we had a physicist in our midst; and with such a depth of understanding too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
i don't see what the fuss is about, it is only a name, there are football players called jesus but nobody wants them to change their names in case it offends anyone
its pronounced hey-zeus (oops another god mention!) and half of mexico has it for a first name. It was a very common name for many years before the "alleged" birth of christ and still is now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
doc

Post by doc »

Red-neck (prodding Bill Hicks in chest): "Hey buddy, we're Christians, and we don't like what you're saying!"

Bill Hicks: "So, forgive me!"