RFL MAKE ME SICK

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

RFL MAKE ME SICK

Post by jammie »

so now we can only use our 220K credit note over the course of the next four seasons,what a load of crap,they know that's as much use as ganson in an 100M sprint.they can punish us for defering players wages and count the total cost in one seasons salary cap,and dish out the points deduction in one season even though we didn't break any rules on defered payments.yet we cannot get to use OUR own refunded money when and how we want to.the rfl make me sick they are scared to death of wigan becoming the major force again,they don't understand that we will anyway no matter what they try and obstruct us with. my only regret is we should have taken them to court and proved that they are bunch of incompantant fools. :angry: :angry: :angry:
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

NICKYKISS

Re: RFL MAKE ME SICK

Post by NICKYKISS »

We spread the payments over 4 years to our players not the RFL. They won't give us the credit note all for one season when the likes of Hansen and Paleaaesina got new improved 4 year deals during the back end off the 2006 season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS posted:
We spread the payments over 4 years to our players not the RFL. They won't give us the credit note all for one season when the likes of Hansen and Paleaaesina got new improved 4 year deals during the back end off the 2006 season.
This says the me the club should have challenged the decision instead of saying there was no point as we couldn't get the points back in time for the play-off's and claiming a hollow victory that because we got a credit note we were proved to be in the right.

The consequences of accepting the credit over four years are now plain to see.

Dave

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I think Wigan have done the right thing using the credit over four years rather than use it over one and then have to get rid of players to fit under the cap again.

If the credit is spread over 4 years then it can cover part of a players wage for a 4 year contract.

As much as I hate the RFL they could easily have not given Wigan the credit and deducted the points anyway.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

adrenalinxx posted:As much as I hate the RFL they could easily have not given Wigan the credit and deducted the points anyway.
Then I do believe, Wigan would have gone to Court to challenge the ruling then
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

NICKYKISS posted:
Has anybody picked up what i am thinking that if we are only getting a credit note for £55K and the deferred payments cost more than this there is a shortfall in money probably why we have only £140.000 left under the cap.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
I think Wigan have done the right thing using the credit over four years rather than use it over one and then have to get rid of players to fit under the cap again.

If the credit is spread over 4 years then it can cover part of a players wage for a 4 year contract.
In 2009 there will be payers off-contract. In 2008 there won't (other than those we know but still only leaving us with £140K to spend).

We are paying the deferred wages now but the credit note can't be used to do this in full because it is spread too thinly. It goes beyond the players contracts so must be less than they cost the club currently.

Therefore it's obvious we needed the money now to pay the deferred wages and also to get players in for 2008. Come 2009 players coming off contract would free up money (and the salary cap would have increased a small amount again with inflation).

I also doubt it was Wigan who wanted it spread over four years.
As much as I hate the RFL they could easily have not given Wigan the credit and deducted the points anyway.
Well that is a moot point because they didn't but had they done so then that would I am sure have prompted a court case. The RFL wil only push things so far on things like this e.g. backing down on fining Saints £25K for putting out a weak side.

What the RFL have done is take points off Wigan, acknowledge Wigan didn't actually break the cap but then give them a credit note structured in such a way it doesn't allow the club to pay the whole of the deferred wages when they are due. So it is a double punishment hence my view the club should have taken them to court because what we have ended up with is being shafted.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
NICKYKISS posted:
Has anybody picked up what i am thinking that if we are only getting a credit note for £55K and the deferred payments cost more than this there is a shortfall in money probably why we have only £140.000 left under the cap.
That is exactly my point. The deferred payments are eating into the cap budget further than they should.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

That's silly... it gives Wigan an advantage over the other 11 clubs in SL over the next four seasons (if I understood the first message correctly).
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Do all clubs that spend under the cap get an extended allowance the following season?