Vaealiki on his back?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
JIMH

Re: Vaealiki on his back?

Post by JIMH »

when vaealiki was quoted in saying he would be set up for life when he siged his first wigan contract i very much doubt he meant he wouldn't have to work again he proberly meant it would give him a nice wedge in the bank and proberly buy a house outright, land is cheap down under.

it was always rumoured vaealiki was on a massive contract at wigan which was due to spending mistaes by maurice (all water under the bridge now) SO wherever he goes he will be taking a pay cut, what is in wigans favour if he does come back(although he hasn't actually gone anywhere) would be he has no deal on the table and wigan are in a stronger position to offer a contract that suits the club, he will take a pay cut because he has to, his agent will try to get other deals to use as a barting tool but if we get DV back at wigan it will be a wage that suits the club and cap.

p.s. does anyone think this £140k left is just a smoke screen and a clever move by the club? we might have much more avaiable but when we are speaking to top players we can bluff by saying we only have £140k left etc..
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

danwrlfc posted:
If he was any good other Super League Clubs would want to sign him.
My thoughts exactly. Why, oh why, oh why do people STILL want him to "play" for us.

Crookmeister, you have an almost unhealthy obsession with David Vaealiki, as Turf has with Chris Ashton. Your not related are you? :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

if no one else available then he will have to come back>?
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

We need a centre next season and we are short on money i think Vaealiki (sp) for the right price would be worth it

leaving about 100k for 2 props or 1 experienced prop maybe older player 1 year deal and 1 utility back
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

andybailey147 posted:
if no one else available then he will have to come back>?
Why? Did Wigan forget to sign his last pay check? :o

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

WiganWarrior posted:
We need a centre next season and we are short on money i think Vaealiki (sp) for the right price would be worth it

leaving about 100k for 2 props or 1 experienced prop maybe older player 1 year deal and 1 utility back
Your contradicting yourself, you say we need a centre, then say DV would be worth resigning. We need a centre - not a freeloader!

Stains get Jamie Lyon for less money than DV was on and get FAR superior performances/impact/quality. We should aim higher as far as signings go, I for one, cannot accept substandard centres, of who DV will ALWAY be regarded (regardless of his last 4/5 matches).

We might as well resign Danny Moore/Jamie Ainscough/Greg Florimo etc for what it is worth. :roll:

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Almost every week.
dannydutson

Post by dannydutson »

I never minded vaealiki, he was a good defender and one of few centres to keep lyon quiet but its time we had a change and had an attacking threat so trent doesnt have to do it all on his own. Matt cooper would be the perfect candidate.