BRITISH PLAYERS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan1977

BRITISH PLAYERS

Post by wigan1977 »

I like that we are signing british players, it could be like the wigan of old just hope we get karl :)
thomo

Re: BRITISH PLAYERS

Post by thomo »

It would be good for wigan if we could produce two prop forwards from the academy the size of Karl Price rather than lightweights like prescott
How do other sides produce proper forwards at a young age - look at burgess at 18 years and 17 stone
wigan1977

Post by wigan1977 »

fielden came to us ie burgess gets his chance at bradford think we got the wrong prop
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

and jonnys english i think
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thomo posted:
How do other sides produce proper forwards at a young age - look at burgess at 18 years and 17 stone
But how often does such a player come through the ranks from different clubs? Burgess has attracted a lot of attention because he is a rarity. You don't really see other clubs bringing through giant props any more frequently than we do (Bibey was probably the last one for us). Saints have only managed one in recent years as well, and I think Graham's a bit older than Burgess...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thomo

Post by thomo »

all props must be produced from somwhere
Leeds have produced people like - is it Nick Scrutton, not the best forward I know but he does have some size to him
I was just wondering why we never seem to produce big players.
Prescott, Hock, Hansen, O;laughlan do not seem to have got bigger over the last two seasons
Just a point but did Hudderfield not put stone and a half on keven brown in the last off season
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thomo posted:
all props must be produced from somwhere
Leeds have produced people like - is it Nick Scrutton, not the best forward I know but he does have some size to him
I was just wondering why we never seem to produce big players.
Prescott, Hock, Hansen, O;laughlan do not seem to have got bigger over the last two seasons
Just a point but did Hudderfield not put stone and a half on keven brown in the last off season
Prescott was a good deal bigger in 2007 than he was in the previous season when he was recovering from injury. As for the backrow players you mention, that has long been the Wigan style. Mick Cassidy was hardly the biggest player but one of the best 2nd rowers of the Superleague era. None of Hock, Hansen, Lockers are really expected to play prop so it's not really fair to compare them to the likes of Burgess. Prescott and O'Carroll, maybe, but not the others...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
right cross

Post by right cross »

i have heard that lenagen is trying to create a team of mostly british players ? how long it will take god only knows,but isn't it what we all really want ,home grown and prowd to put on the famous cherry and white ,good on yer ian :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

mike binder posted:
and jonnys english i think
he's southern* :angry:

great signing by Wigan to get him! good kicker is Jonny
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

the hardest position to hold down a positoon when you are young is front row like barry and terry say on sky sports.....

you have to be a tough nut to do it ands not many hold the position and mkae it there own at such a young age.....

And mr lenagan we all want karl price to come so please sign him...... :D