Richie Mathers

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
mike binder

Re: Richie Mathers

Post by mike binder »

what about jonny
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

mike binder posted:
what about jonny
He'll fit straight in, he's been at newcastle so he's learnt to appreciate Northern charm.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

Fraggle posted:
God posted:
also Mathers knee is very,very suspect after 2 carrer threatning injurys to it.
I don't think it is such a risk, so long as the rehabilitation is going ok. In most cases, a knee reconstruction seems to solve the problem and players are not at any more risk of having the same injury again as anyone else. I know he's not playing RL anymore, but look at Faz - he's had both knees done in recent years and as far as I know, none of his subsequent injuries were related to the knee reconstructions. The same applies to lots of players who have these bad injuries (Lockers as well), once they've fully recovered they carry on playing as before.

I'd even go as far as to say that it's better to have a reconstruction if you've got dodgy ligaments than try to carry on playing without the op. The op means several months out of the game, but trying to play with damaged ligaments does more long-term damage I think.
Once again Wigan attract an injured player with potential.Vialiki was the last one???????????

Our adds for players must read
Where you once fit and healthy?
Where you once a good rugby league player?
If you are now in re-hab we have the technology to rebuild you. Come to Wigan
right cross

Post by right cross »

yes i have to hold my hands up , :blush:

my [very good source]was keeping it all under his hat ,and he told me that mathers is on a 12 month deal and by all accounts would have come home and played for nothing ,but gold coast were reluctant to let him go and rate him highly .he seams to think that he isn't on a very high salary being on only a 12 month deal due to his injury and to see how it holds up . the centre that is being looked at is mr price ,so you know as much as me now :)
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

i think out of the 3 yes pryce would be a great signing i watched him at bradford and for a young lad he was very impressive but its his shear size that gives you the edge ,i do hope we get him and hes at the right age
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

mike binder posted:
what about jonny
Here's Jonny.

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

pieater-alex posted:
East Stand Faithful posted:
According to the W Observer Lenegan is quoted as saying he hopes to follow up the Mathers signing with a new centre.
Well that is very interesting. I really hope we get Karl Pryce , I think he would be the better prospect long term , and in honesty he is the most realistic signing than Cooper.

But what I don't get is why are some people skeptical about us signing Pryce?

He played for Bradford for 2 years and in them 2 years he played 43 games scoring 33 tries.

That is a fantastic strike rate , I remember when he was playing for Bradford he was unstoppable close to the line , he's a massive player6 foot 6, 18 and a half stone can play ( I think ) fullback , wing and Centre.

He's still only 21 , already played for GB before his switch to union , if this lad wants to come back to league and as long as we don't go over the cap to sign him and have him here anyday.
pryce certainly has the attributes to do well however after speaking to a few bradford fans they say he can be a good player but is quite often lazy and inconsistant. i reckon if he has a better attitude then what he apparently had at bradford then we should definatly sign him but if he hasnt changed then there is no point unless he is not on a lot of money