Re: England Football. I thank ...

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Cruncher

Re: England Football. I th...

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
Cruncher posted:
If you want an insight into the mentality of football people, check out Sky News now.

According to one of their sports reporters, this is all Steve McLaren's fault because he was standing under an umbrella rather than running up and down the touchline.
That was also mentioned on the BBC web site. I found it rather a strange thing to focus on! Apparently it showed the passion of the Croatians that that their coach didn't mind the rain while it said McLaren was lacking involvement or something like that.

Quite bizarre.
As always, instead of admitting a collective responsibility that they all share for allowing this situation to come about, they're going all out for a fall-guy.
He was always going to be the fall guy umbrella or not!

Dave
I think their natural instinct is to buck-pass. Look at Dave Whelan - his pedigree is mainly football, and how many coaches has he sacked in knee-jerk responses?

But you're right, McLaren was never going to keep his job after last night's fiasco.

With regard to your overseas players point, I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, not everyone in the FA does. I watched the press conference this morning, and the guy with the embarrassingly obvious hair-dye job was quite defensive, basically saying that the most important thing in English football is the Premier League and that it's vital to keep it filled with stars, foreigners or not.

It seems they have an in-built resistance to grasping nettles at the FA. The first nettle should be the overseas players thing. And the second one - much as I hate to admit it - should be some kind of salary cap. It's not secret that I don't like RL's cap, but that's mainly because I feel that, being designed to peg all clubs back to the level of the lowest achievers, it's restrictive to the point where it rewards mediocrity. Surely in football they could devise something that merely restrained the unashamed greed of men who demand millions and millions merely for playing a sport they love?

On the strength of what I heard this morning, I don't expect either of these nettles to be grasped soon.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Cruncher posted:
DaveO posted:
Cruncher posted:
If you want an insight into the mentality of football people, check out Sky News now.

According to one of their sports reporters, this is all Steve McLaren's fault because he was standing under an umbrella rather than running up and down the touchline.
That was also mentioned on the BBC web site. I found it rather a strange thing to focus on! Apparently it showed the passion of the Croatians that that their coach didn't mind the rain while it said McLaren was lacking involvement or something like that.

Quite bizarre.
As always, instead of admitting a collective responsibility that they all share for allowing this situation to come about, they're going all out for a fall-guy.

Dave
I think their natural instinct is to buck-pass. Look at Dave Whelan - his pedigree is mainly football, and how many coaches has he sacked in knee-jerk responses?

But you're right, McLaren was never going to keep his job after last night's fiasco.

With regard to your overseas players point, I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, not everyone in the FA does. I watched the press conference this morning, and the guy with the embarrassingly obvious hair-dye job was quite defensive, basically saying that the most important thing in English football is the Premier League and that it's vital to keep it filled with stars, foreigners or not.

It seems they have an in-built resistance to grasping nettles at the FA. The first nettle should be the overseas players thing. And the second one - much as I hate to admit it - should be some kind of salary cap. It's not secret that I don't like RL's cap, but that's mainly because I feel that, being designed to peg all clubs back to the level of the lowest achievers, it's restrictive to the point where it rewards mediocrity. Surely in football they could devise something that merely restrained the unashamed greed of men who demand millions and millions merely for playing a sport they love?

On the strength of what I heard this morning, I don't expect either of these nettles to be grasped soon.

reguarding too many foreigners cruncher i agree 100% but if you asked fans of united chelsea liverpool arsenal whats more important to them ie bringing in the best players from abroad and winning the champions league/ prem league or spending time developing young english talent so that would help make for a successful national team i think 99% would say success domestic is more important. simply cause of the money thats on offer for winning such competitions.

as to mclaren being the fall guy rightly so aswell fair enough when the players are on the pitch its upto them to perform but its his job to get tactics right select the right players so on. its a known fact lampard and gerrard dont play well together yet he hasnt the bottle to drop one of them.imo it should be lampard. last night at home why did he only play 1 striker? away in croatia again he got it wrong playing wingbacks the last 15mins of last night they'd got back into the match and what did they do just sat back and let croatia get at them. he's not good enough to be the manager of our national team yet the big wigs in the fa thought different!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

standishwarrior posted:
Cruncher posted:
DaveO posted: That was also mentioned on the BBC web site. I found it rather a strange thing to focus on! Apparently it showed the passion of the Croatians that that their coach didn't mind the rain while it said McLaren was lacking involvement or something like that.

Quite bizarre.

Dave

reguarding too many foreigners cruncher i agree 100% but if you asked fans of united chelsea liverpool arsenal whats more important to them ie bringing in the best players from abroad and winning the champions league/ prem league or spending time developing young english talent so that would help make for a successful national team i think 99% would say success domestic is more important. simply cause of the money thats on offer for winning such competitions.

as to mclaren being the fall guy rightly so aswell fair enough when the players are on the pitch its upto them to perform but its his job to get tactics right select the right players so on. its a known fact lampard and gerrard dont play well together yet he hasnt the bottle to drop one of them.imo it should be lampard. last night at home why did he only play 1 striker? away in croatia again he got it wrong playing wingbacks the last 15mins of last night they'd got back into the match and what did they do just sat back and let croatia get at them. he's not good enough to be the manager of our national team yet the big wigs in the fa thought different!
Whats worrying though is that everyman and his dog apart from the FA could see he was tacticaaly nieve and totally imcompetent. His big decisions last night were the goalkeeper and formation and he got them both wrong big time
Bear

Post by Bear »

GET IN THERE!!!! CROACTS!!!!

Im an isreal fan...
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

Bear posted:

Im an isreal fan...
Arse Hole!
Bear

Post by Bear »

warriors10 posted:
Bear posted:

Im an isreal fan...
Arse Hole!
Takes one to know one :angry:
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

Bear posted:
warriors10 posted:
Bear posted:

Im an isreal fan...
Arse Hole!
Shouldnt you be doing your work anyway? Whos class you in now? Nylands? Gallagars?
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

Bear posted:
warriors10 posted:
Bear posted:

Im an isreal fan...
Arse Hole!
Shouldnt you be doing your work anyway? Whos class you in now? Nylands? Gallagars?
Bear

Post by Bear »

warriors10 posted:
Bear posted:
warriors10 posted: Arse Hole!
Hold up hold up... Who are you ??
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

Bear posted:
warriors10 posted:
Bear posted: Takes one to know one :angry:
Bear posted:
warriors10 posted:
Bear posted: Takes one to know one :angry:
Mr Worswick haha