Re: Feka Charged with GBH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It means Gemma is more popular :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Warriors07

Post by Warriors07 »

If it goes to crown court then he looks like he will be going prision. But if he gets charged at Wigan Magistrates court he will just get community service if found guilty
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Warriors07 posted:
If it goes to crown court then he looks like he will be going prision. But if he gets charged at Wigan Magistrates court he will just get community service if found guilty
Sorry, but that isn't true. A suspect can still be sent to prison by magistrates if foung guilty. It's for a maximum of 6 months, but I would think any custodial sentence, no matter how short, would result in his being sacked by Wigan.

Alternatively, he could be sent up to Crown because he's pleaded not guilty. Perparation for the trial will then take quite some time. In fact, I'd expect it to occur sometime in the middle of next season.

Frankly, this is a big mess that we could really have done without.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

As already stated, being charged does not mean found guilty.
we weren't there, we don't know the circumstances.
I know "there's no smoke without fire", but lets just hang on and wait until the outcome rather than mere speculation
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

As stated by others, Feka is innocent until proven otherwise.

However IF, and I mean IF, in the worst case scenario, he is found guilty, I hope that the Judge realises the positive impact that a RL idol (to lots of kids) can make in a RL mad town along the lines of Eric Cantona (one of my idols) in Manchester after his infamous case, and award community service.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

God posted:
I posted this about an hour and a half ago about this its been on sky sports news.

Ive had no replys though so i thought nobody was interested.
Gemma posted it at 14.38, 3 hours before you! People are quite rightly sticking with the first thread.

:wink:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Bert's Medal posted:

However IF, and I mean IF, in the worst case scenario, he is found guilty, I hope that the Judge realises the positive impact that a RL idol (to lots of kids) can make in a RL mad town along the lines of Eric Cantona (one of my idols) in Manchester after his infamous case, and award community service.
All this is of course true, however, we must consider the possibility (as mentioned by others when the incident occurred) that if he is found guilty (Please NOT) he may lose his work permit regardless of what Wigan decide to do.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

exile in Tiger country posted:
Bert's Medal posted:

All this is of course true, however, we must consider the possibility (as mentioned by others when the incident occurred) that if he is found guilty (Please NOT) he may lose his work permit regardless of what Wigan decide to do.
If he loses his permit all he has to do is nothing as so many illegal immigrants dont have permit and are allowed to stay.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

FROM A TO B posted:
As already stated, being charged does not mean found guilty.
we weren't there, we don't know the circumstances.
I know "there's no smoke without fire", but lets just hang on and wait until the outcome rather than mere speculation
I am not sure what you mean by the above. As Cruncher says this is a serious issue. Both for Feka and the club. So I would expect people to want to discuss the implications of the outcome.

Provided people do this in a reasonable manner with due respect to the site rules that should be OK.

What he has been charged with is not a minor offence and could end up with a custodial sentence if found guilty.

That would be a personal disaster for him and it would be yet another disaster for the club that has had far too many in recent years.

If he is found guilty and if that results in a custodial sentence I can't see how Wigan can do anything other than sack him, even if they think it was totally out of character and even if there were extenuating circumstances.

It is a big concern because at this late stage to possibly lose one of our three experienced props. It would be a disaster.

I just hope he gets off because I have a horrible feeling if he doesn't he will end up inside.

Dave
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

anyone got the number of Leon Pryce's legal team? :conf:
GEER EM ONSIDE