when at central park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
standishwarrior

Re: when at central park

Post by standishwarrior »

used always go to lovedays and get a quarter of uncle joe's. then if we picked the right turnstile the person who was operating it used let my dad lift me over it and get in for free! when i went with him we always stood on the corner of the kop. as i got older i stood in the popular stand near all singers.could never see a thing when we played saints somtimes ended up on some random blokes shoulders so i could see! used to love it when we'd win at wembley and go and watch the lads come home. we'd have to walk from standish it was worth it though, id always take a rugby ball with me n hav a kick about on the pitch before they got back! it was always hard trying to kick a goal because there'd be 50 odd balls flying over at the same time! those we the days!!!
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Started off by sitting on the wall in the Popular stand before moving to the seats for a number of years, but finished by standing RIGHT at the top of the Kop near the little portacabin club shop thing (used to get my programmes from there) and then moving down to the scoreboard corner in the 2nd half.

Somehow the JJB just doesn't feel the same.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

Having a pint in upper morris street waiting for the game on boxing day with the rumour going round that it was going to be called off because of a rock hard pitch, thankfully the game went ahead so my flask filled with milky coffe and rum did'nt go to waste.
Spent the rest of the day talking about the match, i used to love xmas.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Bear posted:
I can remember sitting in what was known to me, my dad and my brother as "our corner" near the burger stand :lol: And my first game there was with a quid a kid, since then ive always been watching them :lol: I can also remember the hull fans with an inflitable shark :lol:
same corner as me and sudoku, and by far the best thing that happened in that corner was when a saints player forgot to stop running and ended up running into the wall.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
Bear

Post by Bear »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
Bear posted:
I can remember sitting in what was known to me, my dad and my brother as "our corner" near the burger stand :lol: And my first game there was with a quid a kid, since then ive always been watching them :lol: I can also remember the hull fans with an inflitable shark :lol:
same corner as me and sudoku, and by far the best thing that happened in that corner was when a saints player forgot to stop running and ended up running into the wall.
I can tell your a caring person :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

Bear posted:
luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
Bear posted:
I can tell your a caring person :lol:
of course i'm a caring person!!!! :devi:
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.