Dobson turned us down

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Dobson turned us down

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... 91937.html

Canberra Raiders half-back Michael Dobson claims to have rejected contract offers from three Super League clubs to stay in the NRL.

The former Wigan and Catalans schemer says he was offered deals by both of his former clubs while Castleford also wanted to bring him back to England.
standishwarrior

Re: Dobson turned us down

Post by standishwarrior »

its also on here geoff not sure how to do a link..

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/do ... 23250.html

bit more detailed!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doesn't want to come, is seeing his contract out with the Raiders (fair enough, good to see a player do that) but will come if he can't get fixed up in 2009 when his contract expires.

Given IL has said he wants players to come here who want to be here and aren't just coming for the cash I can't see how Dobson's comments about not coming unless he he can't get an NRL slot square with that.

I know most people like him as a player but if he only makes himself available to us or any team in SL as of 2009 because he can't get a job in the NRL he doesn't sound motivated by the right things.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

true dave but he is still an outstanding player and would be a good replacement when the time comes for when trent retires or leaves.....
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cant blame the lad

get a few years over there under his belt, can say he's done it then!

then he can come back to re-form his name as a young ledgend!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

DaveO posted:
Doesn't want to come, is seeing his contract out with the Raiders (fair enough, good to see a player do that) but will come if he can't get fixed up in 2009 when his contract expires.

Given IL has said he wants players to come here who want to be here and aren't just coming for the cash I can't see how Dobson's comments about not coming unless he he can't get an NRL slot square with that.

I know most people like him as a player but if he only makes himself available to us or any team in SL as of 2009 because he can't get a job in the NRL he doesn't sound motivated by the right things.

Dave
I dont think it is too negative. He obviously wants to play first grade each week in the NRL to boost his chances of getting possible Caps, we know it is hard for Aussies to get those playing in Europe in comparison. If he wants to come over here in 2009 his mindset should change and accept he has to move on to be a first team regular, I think he would still as much want to play for a European team as much as an Aussie team when that time comes.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame