help im addicted to facebook and this forum

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
pieaddict

help im addicted to facebook and this forum

Post by pieaddict »

Does anyone else have this problem,

im addicted to facebook, this website and yahoo messenger, on which i spend the day talking balls. I just sit in my lab with my worryingly failing experiments checking them every spare min i get. Is this problem common anyone else the same
pieaddict

Re: help im addicted to fa...

Post by pieaddict »

that sounds like a statement of recognition :cool:
ancientnloyal

Re: help im addicted to facebo...

Post by ancientnloyal »

pieaddict posted:
Does anyone else have this problem,

im addicted to facebook, this website and yahoo messenger, on which i spend the day talking balls. I just sit in my lab with my worryingly failing experiments checking them every spare min i get. Is this problem common anyone else the same
did me no harm at Uni, got a 2:1 :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
doc

Re: help im addicted to facebo...

Post by doc »

Hey pieaddict

Never used to log on from work unless a big story was breaking but since they've decided to shut our R & D dept in Jan I'm spending all day looking at this site and job hunting on SRG, Monster, New Scientist, Chemistry World, totaljobs, Kelly, Reed.etc.... Think I'm becoming a bit of an SRG addict.

Might think about setting up an experiment tomorrow for appearances sake.

Doc
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

I need to set experiment up but have an infection prob, all my cells keep dying, so im stuck in office in frount of comp. Gotta do a talk tomorrow but not wrote it yet, plus no sleep last night with stress, but thats life as a scientist
doc

Post by doc »

Hi pieaddict

Know the feeling.

As a chemist you sometimes get the feeling that "The Force" has left you, trying for months to get a reaction to work.

Take it you're biotech orientated. Much better job opportunies thean Chemists at the moment. Was chatting to a recruitment consultant today; apparently GSK are laying off people at Ulverstone at the moment (Merry Xmas). Seems all the manufacture is going to China/India and the R & D is set to follow.

Totally stressed out at the moment job hunting and having interviews (cant sleep/eat). Fingers crossed I get a result off one I had on Monday or the one I've got Thursday. Just worried I may have to up sticks again and find something down south. :(

Doc
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

I know the feeling, i thinking of going in to he teaching as part of my work envoles helping with lab demonstrations with the undergrad students. I find this more satisfing and could cope full time in a college situation easily i feel.

Im a parasitologist and funding almost none existant at moment, noone can make money out of helping poor.

good luck with the joib hunting.

I think most stuff will go way of china less red tape there.
doc

Post by doc »

Hi Pieaddict

I thought about teaching too. Enjoyed demonstrating in the labs as a post grad and in my last job used to do a bit of schools liaison for my company and TCI/Nepic, two local chemical industry organisations. I really enjoyed it, but then again I have heard some off-putting stories from my brother who is a teacher.
Thinking of doing the "poacher turned game keeper" thing and trying to get a job as an HSE inspector / EA inspector / BSI auditor.
Off to do a bit of revision ready for an interview tomorrow.

DOC
pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

Good luck doc hope all goes well.

jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

I know the feeling.... i get addicted to myspace and msn!! :lol:
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!