the worst wigan team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: the worst wigan team

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thegimble posted:
The 17 players who played against the Quins after IM was sacked. I think it was bank hoilday monday previous season.

Dont care how bad players are but to lack any real effort is lack of respect for the supporters
God i remember that game they scored from the kick off if i remember rightly, i think the best/worst moment of that game was when we were 5 yards from the line last tackle, feka to the right kevin brown to the left and oh yes it went to brown who proceeded to try and drive the ball in nd ended up somewhere around the half way mark i think lol
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

yes i was in the boxes that day was very embarrasing
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

chnwh posted:
1 Doc Murray
2 Mark Bell (a bit harsh, but we have usually had pretty good wingers)
3 Paul Koloi
4 David Vaealiki
5 Danny Moore
6 Greg Florimo (signing him to replace Henry Paul was laughable)
7 Dennis Moron (gets in at 7 above Mark Reber who switches to his even worse position of hooker)
8 Brady Malam (will forever remember him for picking up the ball behind the line and going on the charge, only to be driven back behind the line by a very young Mickey Higham)
9 Mark Reber
10 Harvey Howard
11 Stuart Lester
12 Jamie Ainscough (switches to SR because I was running out of options. Decent player, but as the song quite rightly said 'he looked like he didn't give a s***)
13 Chris Chester (a little harsh, but as with Mark Bell he's in a position that we're normally quite good in)
Agree with quite a few of these selections but what about Lee Hansen and Shem Tatupu?
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

mike binder posted:
I was asleep
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mike binder posted:
in my suit as well ,made it even worse
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

we were hammered over with by ht

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Steve Nicholson, Nanyn, Steve 'Early Bath' Breheny
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

thegimble posted:
The 17 players who played against the Quins after IM was sacked. I think it was bank hoilday monday previous season.

Dont care how bad players are but to lack any real effort is lack of respect for the supporters
Ooaahh. I still remember that game with a shiver down my spine. It was the absolute rock bottom performance of that near relegation year. The game attendence was about 14,000 and they got booed off at halftime and fulltime. They were shocking against an average-to-poor broncos side and played like rabbits in the headlights.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

was scandalous i remember richards getting a break down the wing then for unbeknown reason stopping as the full back came across pondered for about 10 secs then threw the ball on the inside it was awful. I remember the only highlight being a break from danny orr and that was it lol
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

chnwh posted:
1 Doc Murray
2 Mark Bell (a bit harsh, but we have usually had pretty good wingers)
3 Paul Koloi
4 David Vaealiki
5 Danny Moore
6 Greg Florimo (signing him to replace Henry Paul was laughable)
7 Dennis Moron (gets in at 7 above Mark Reber who switches to his even worse position of hooker)
8 Brady Malam (will forever remember him for picking up the ball behind the line and going on the charge, only to be driven back behind the line by a very young Mickey Higham)
9 Mark Reber
10 Harvey Howard
11 Stuart Lester
12 Jamie Ainscough (switches to SR because I was running out of options. Decent player, but as the song quite rightly said 'he looked like he didn't give a s***)
13 Chris Chester (a little harsh, but as with Mark Bell he's in a position that we're normally quite good in)
This list really does send a chill down my spine, mainly because so many of these names will be forever associated with our decline as an RL power.

It didn't strike me for ages that our glory era was actually over. In my naivety, I continued to believe that the club could do no wrong, and that recruits like Greg Florimo and Danny Moore were nothing more than a blip. Normality will be restored soon, I kept saying. Yet on the field we got steadily worse.

I actually only realised that we were no longer the best team in Britain long after we'd ceased to be. By then of course Mo and Whelan were in charge, and though we made the odd good signing - Renouf and Furner, for example - normally it was people like Ainscough, Howard and Goldspink, real second-raters.

Ironically, Carmont is probably no better than a lot of these guys, but at least he's been signed at low cost to fill a gap in the line, and at no stage have our management tried to pass him off as anything more than that. Things are definitely improving.