New Shirts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lancasterwarrior

New Shirts

Post by lancasterwarrior »

Is it just me being cynical or does anyone else think that Patrik have put in a lot more time and effort in designing the new Leeds kit than the new Wigan kits? I think the new kit, both home and away, look and feel like cheap and nasty soccer shirts with little or no effort or imagination being shown in the design at all.
Lancaster Rugby

Re: New Shirts

Post by Lancaster Rugby »

Agreed!

The sizing has gone all to pot as well.

Come back Puma all is forgiven...
The only way is up....!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

True, but they did last season as well when leeds got all that new training stuff
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I do think the Leeds shirt is nice but I wouldn't say that Wigan's was inferior quality. The design is pretty basic (and I prefer a collar) but is much superior to last seasons, quality wise.

I challenge anyone to find ANY football shirt with such durable material and pluck resistance as this seasons Wigan shirts.

It's been mentioned before but the reason for the shirts being odd sizes is an idea by the players which makes sense (to me). Unlike football RL sell actual playing shirts (hence the extra stitching) rather than replicas, so the sizing is the same as the players, unfortunately we can't all be built with their physiques.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

:)

Don't mind the actual design too much.

I just don't like how they've produced the club badge and the sponsors logos on the shirts.

The badge is miles better when it's embroidered rather than the Fuzzy Felt badge we have now, and it would have been better if the logos were dyed into the shirt rather than being stuck on.

Also, have to admit I prefer the collar on this seasons shirt.
lancasterwarrior

Post by lancasterwarrior »

Still not convinced, maybe they'll grow on me over the season!!!!
stevowarrior

Post by stevowarrior »

lancasterwarrio r posted:
Is it just me being cynical or does anyone else think that Patrik have put in a lot more time and effort in designing the new Leeds kit than the new Wigan kits? I think the new kit, both home and away, look and feel like cheap and nasty soccer shirts with little or no effort or imagination being shown in the design at all.
Absolutely right could have bought this shirt in 1989 ! Look at the pic of Hanley holding the cup aloft
elizwigan

Post by elizwigan »

i personally like it and have both of them. :D
Eliz likes sum1 special

RIP Mike Gregory
hes84

Post by hes84 »

i think the wigan away shirt is better than the leeds away shirt!but that's just my opinion.
Bring on sexy Carney!