Rads and Faz off to Uniion then...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Rads and Faz off to Un...

Post by DaveO »

I dont think anyone will turn against him and say hes let wigan down by setting himself up money-wise for life
I will. If he leaves it will be an enpourmous kick in the teeth for the sport of Rugby League and for Wigan and its fans IMO.

Farrell is Great Britan captain, man of steel and golden boot winner and he leaves the sport for a couple of years of RU? Thaks a lot Faz.

He doesn't need the cash. He would not be without a job in League after hanging up his boots in three or four years time.

Farrell has got where he is because of his own efforts but also because of the sport of RL as well. He is in a position of responibilty as GB captain. It is not just about Wigan.

Here is the player with all the awards and RL can't keep him in the game?? Not much of a game RL is it.

He needs to show some loyalty to the sport that has given himn the lifestyle he has. As I said he is not going to be wanting money-wise when he leaves.

This is not one player moving on to another club but a national headline making move that puts RL firmly "in its place" as a second rate sport that jumps when RU calls.

Dave
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

the thing i always try to re-iterate is, if ANY player doesn`t want to play for wigan, then let them go..whomever they are. u should bleed cherry & white.. & if there were 2 players on our team sheet whom i thought bled cherry & white it would be faz and radz, maybe i was wrong????

i dunno how much radz gets so maybe he would be tempted by big money.. however as daveO said.. faz is a different story.. would still rather lose him to union than another SL team, seein faz in anything but a wigan jersey is just WRONG.. but losing faz to the other code is a huge kick in the teeth for RL as a sport..if it does happen it iwll be a sad day for our sport as a whole :conf:
Welski

Post by Welski »

Who are we to pass judgement on Faz. Like all of us he should do the best for himself and his family. If towards the the end of his carrer he wants to cash in so be it.

I for one think he will struggle in union. I hope he doesnt but i think he will. All the same I wish him good luck.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

OK I for one have had enough. Does anyone know if Faz or Rad have come out with any kind of a statement as to What they are going to do?

After all i think they owe it to the Fans who have paid there wages over the years that much at least.

Its no good panicking or getting angry or upset All the fans & indeed the club as thier employer deserve that much at the very least.

Lets Get Behind the Team to push them on to a Great WINNING SEASON this YEAR.

GO WARRIORS GO

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Welski

Post by Welski »

trotski_tgwu posted:
OK I for one have had enough. Does anyone know if Faz or Rad have come out with any kind of a statement as to What they are going to do?

After all i think they owe it to the Fans who have paid there wages over the years that much at least.

Its no good panicking or getting angry or upset All the fans & indeed the club as thier employer deserve that much at the very least.

Lets Get Behind the Team to push them on to a Great WINNING SEASON this YEAR.

GO WARRIORS GO
I agree whatever the outcome the team is paramount. It is who we support!

I dont think either player has spoken publically but it now appears pretty clear that Faz alone has been approached and is thinking it over.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Just seen this on Official Site And im not Happy :(

STATEMENT FROM THE RFU AND WIGAN
Posted 1.00pm. Friday 11th February '05

The Rugby Football Union and Wigan can confirm that discussions are taking place regarding the possible signing of Andrew Farrell.

Although the talks have not been concluded and an agreement has not been reached, discussions are continuing and all parties feel it is now the appropriate time to respond to the speculation surrounding them.

The RFU and Wigan can confirm that Andrew Farrell is the only player under discussion.

Any agreement will be subject to the approval of the two boards, Andrew Farrell, Premier Rugby Ltd and a Zurich Premiership club to contract the player with the RFU.

The Wigan club are currently discussing the matter with Andrew Farrell and no time frame can be given for any talks to be concluded.
[size]

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Welski posted:
Who are we to pass judgement on Faz. Like all of us he should do the best for himself and his family. If towards the the end of his carrer he wants to cash in so be it.
I think we have every right to pass judgement. We pay his wages, we support him as a player and he is a public figure.

He takes the awards from the game and the plaudits from the fans. He should expect to get some flak when he displeases them in this way.

It goes with the territory.

As to doing the best for his family the £200,000 a year reported is not a vast sum and he is still in a contract with Wigan for two years that doesn't pay peanuts.

The financial side can't be the motivation because he would be secure for years if he stayed in RL with coaching roles and so on.

I could almost understand it if money were the motivator but I can't see that it is and that IMO makes it worse.

Dave
Welski

Post by Welski »

DaveO posted:
I dont think anyone will turn against him and say hes let wigan down by setting himself up money-wise for life
I will. If he leaves it will be an enpourmous kick in the teeth for the sport of Rugby League and for Wigan and its fans IMO.

Farrell is Great Britan captain, man of steel and golden boot winner and he leaves the sport for a couple of years of RU? Thaks a lot Faz.

He doesn't need the cash. He would not be without a job in League after hanging up his boots in three or four years time.

Farrell has got where he is because of his own efforts but also because of the sport of RL as well. He is in a position of responibilty as GB captain. It is not just about Wigan.

Here is the player with all the awards and RL can't keep him in the game?? Not much of a game RL is it.

He needs to show some loyalty to the sport that has given himn the lifestyle he has. As I said he is not going to be wanting money-wise when he leaves.

This is not one player moving on to another club but a national headline making move that puts RL firmly "in its place" as a second rate sport that jumps when RU calls.

Dave
Rugby League will not suffer because Faz moves to union...if anything it will help....Union suffered during the amateur days when lots of top players left to earn a living in league and what was their answer?...to trun professional I think the more that top stars defect from RL to RU the more it will force the RL powers that be to relax their restrictive trade policy. Market forces will always win and the sooner the sport wakes up the better.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Well look on the bright side, it looks like Radlinski will be staying:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 255897.stm

"The RFU and Wigan can confirm that Andrew Farrell is the only player under discussion," continued the statement.

Be interesting to see the crowd reaction tonight at the JJB towards Andy - let's face it he will be on the big screen all night!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

To be honest i would be extremly angary if ethier of them went. What people are on about with the fact faz movin will benifit RL are speaking rubbish !! How is the most ispirational, fantastic leader and player leaving to go to non-other than union a good thing ????
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!