It's that time again.... The return of the NFL....

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
tom g

Re: It's that time again.....

Post by tom g »

Patriots V Dallas Cowboys for me.Would be interesting to see Brady and Moss against Romo and Terrell Owens.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Man stuff plus its been ontopic.

wont have to stay up to watch the Pats, will be in hotel room in NY watching it on CBS or FOX
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

waterside glens posted:
pats v green bay, that other team you mentioned are the stains of the nfl :D
Very true! I was lucky enough to get to a live Redskins v Cowboys game in the late 80's when I was on holiday over there - the rivalry was exactly the same as a Wigan v Stains match!

And the Skins won!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

God posted:
Never posted on this thred before because im not a huge fan of N.F.L because its soooo boring and predictable, New England will win it YET again zzzzzzz.

But i do have a soft spot for Green Bay the last Little City Football side. Fan base is the best on the planet for any sporting team. So im joining the cheese heads in titletown.35 year waiting list for season tickets put that in your pipe and smoke it Patriots.

Brett Farve,Greig Jennings and Donald Driver are immense.

P.S the pro bowl is a joke players get picked on stats alone.

I also feel Green Bay is everyones second team and it is the only none profitable side in the N.F.L.
New rule change would make life interesting - remove all the padding and see what happens.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

Panchitta Marra posted:
God posted:
Never posted on this thred before because im not a huge fan of N.F.L because its soooo boring and predictable, New England will win it YET again zzzzzzz.

But i do have a soft spot for Green Bay the last Little City Football side. Fan base is the best on the planet for any sporting team. So im joining the cheese heads in titletown.35 year waiting list for season tickets put that in your pipe and smoke it Patriots.

Brett Farve,Greig Jennings and Donald Driver are immense.

P.S the pro bowl is a joke players get picked on stats alone.

I also feel Green Bay is everyones second team and it is the only none profitable side in the N.F.L.
New rule change would make life interesting - remove all the padding and see what happens.
dead players and cripples.Would you take the helmets and leathers of moto gp riders .....i think not :o
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saw some of the Cowboys/ Giants game in times square last night - quite a bizarre way to view it but... was disappointed Dallas lost would have been a good final* with the Patriots.

Chargers pulled off a good win against the colts, LT only making it to half time.

Chargers @ Patriots
Giants @ Packers

Final:
Packers v Patriots Favre v Brady
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal posted:
Saw some of the Cowboys/ Giants game in times square last night - quite a bizarre way to view it but... was disappointed Dallas lost would have been a good final* with the Patriots.

Chargers pulled off a good win against the colts, LT only making it to half time.

Chargers @ Patriots
Giants @ Packers

Final:
Packers v Patriots Favre v Brady
Didn't watch them, but I was surprised when I saw the results, I expected Indy to win easily, and I thought Dallas would scrape through.

still can't see anyone beating the Pats, although I'd love to see Favre get another Superbowl win, especially if he does actually retire this year.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

whey patriots are in the superbowl again. good win, brady wasnt great but effective, maroney was excetional and the defence was immence. packers v giants next, hard to call this favre will be consistant as ever, manning has to be good and not show his inconsistancies as he has shown all season.

good news regarding the NFL coming back to he uk. going again as last time was awersome and is a great experience. anyone else going to it or attempting as there will be hundreds of thousands applying for it
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mr Stu posted:
whey patriots are in the superbowl again. good win, brady wasnt great but effective, maroney was excetional and the defence was immence. packers v giants next, hard to call this favre will be consistant as ever, manning has to be good and not show his inconsistancies as he has shown all season.

good news regarding the NFL coming back to he uk. going again as last time was awersome and is a great experience. anyone else going to it or attempting as there will be hundreds of thousands applying for it
I'll be applying, as I did last time (without success). Hope they do move somewhere else this time, though - either Cardiff or Murrayfield would be better than Wembley.