Manchester Evening News / Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the_cow

Manchester Evening News / Salford

Post by the_cow »

I work in Manchester and often pick up a copy of the MEN (which is free in city centre)- they give a fair bit of coverage to Salford and General RL.

For instance, today they have 3/4 page about Robbie Paul and him becoming vice-captain, with the other 1/4 being a daily column written by a reporter they seem to have sent across to Florida to the Reds warm weather training there.

The Reds are lining up to be a massive force in NL1 this season- new recruits H. Paul, Phil Leuleui (prop), Craig Stapleton (Prop), and a young hb Chris Borghese- to go alongside Haggarty, Fitzpatrick, Littler, Myler, Wilshere and Mal Alker who have stayed on.

I could even see there side holding its own in SL nevermind NL- can see them walking it with only Leigh imo having a shout- Widnes have lost alot of players and I can't see Fax and Whitehaven having enough depth.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
ancientnloyal

Re: Manchester Evening News / ...

Post by ancientnloyal »

They're not going to take any chances are Salford, with the Franchise and their great new stadium around the corner they're pulling out all the stops to get back up for 2009.

Good on them and a good thing too that they have kept a bulk of SL-experienced players like Wilshire
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mr Stu

Re: Manchester Evening News / ...

Post by Mr Stu »

salford will storm the league next year. they also have got players like white from wakey and matt gardner from huddersfield and wilshire, highton as well so i cant see any other team getting close to them.
gw

Re: Manchester Evening New...

Post by gw »

yeah but does anyone think they deserve a franchise for next year?? i don't, not with there attendances!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gw posted:
yeah but does anyone think they deserve a franchise for next year?? i don't, not with there attendances!!
I'm undecided on that one. They may get better attendances when they move into their new ground. If SL was staying at 12 clubs, I'd say definitely not, but the expansion to 14 makes it more possible. I'd rather have Salford than Leigh, for example.

As far as I'm aware, winning NL1 will be no guarantee of getting a franchise anyway - thay'll simply have to apply along with everyone else.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I think the new ground could be Salfords downfall.I go to the Willows a lot my son played for Folly Lane and the Salford service area and Salford give away season tckets to alllocal sides but no Salford fan i have spoken to wants to travel to Barton! I agree that the team will storm NL1 and the new ground will help towards a franchise but imo home support will be poor.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I think the new ground could be Salfords downfall.I go to the Willows a lot my son played for Folly Lane and the Salford service area and Salford give away season tckets to alllocal sides but no Salford fan i have spoken to wants to travel to Barton! I agree that the team will storm NL1 and the new ground will help towards a franchise but imo home support will be poor.
gw

Post by gw »

last season there attendances were really bad, i know they were playing crap but when were playing bad we still turned out in numbers, for me if they havn't built up a decent fan base in the years they have been going there never going to do it. shame really but think being a few miles from utd doesn't help!!
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

dont know how that last post went twice but never mind. The problem with Salford they have a few thousand die hard knowledgable loyal fans but they all live within walking distance of the willows,and they are all related.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

good on salford i say...

and i back nobbys girls dissapointment were we cant have salfords burgers now, they were something special those things, especailly if you have had a drink before....

but o that note i wont miss there scouse stewards r them pouring you a can of carlsberg into a pint cup and charging you 3 quid..... :angry: