wigan made affor for newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Re: wigan made affor for n...

Post by butt monkey »

Fraggle posted:
butt monkey posted:
It is a serious problem to have two first team (Feka), first choice players who can rarely play more than half a game. Hence Nobles (apparent) attempt for a player who can give more than a "sideshow" performance.
Except that Bradford don't use Newton as their sole hooker anymore either, he's been interchanging with Henderson for the last couple of years, and will do so with Wagga this year. Perhaps as an ex-hooker himself, Nobby seems to like to swap his hookers to try and put something different into the game, and I don't see that would have changed had Newton come back to Wigan, I think we would still have had a second hooker on the bench as well.

Although I do agree to some extent that having such players does weaken our bench. We have lots of forwards, but no reserve backs to perhaps try and inject a bit of extra pace when the opposition gets tired.
I would still say that Newton could give you more game time per match than Higham ever could. Irrespective of how Bradford play him.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!