player

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Re: player

Post by DaiJones »

Bearing in mind how far off the season start is, I was quite pleased with the Guisset rumour. I always thought he was a decent player for the Wire. Perhaps he could be a new Billy McGinty for us, a player of whom not too much was expected but actually became a very valuable member of the squad. Maybe I'm just in an optimistic frame of mind because Wales won.

PS If we can find him, if nobody else can help maybe we can hire...Michael Smith. Anyone who hates Saints is alright by me. We might have to set up a high speed rail link to Hull though.
Welski

Post by Welski »

ChrisA posted:
He played about 4 seasons maybe at Warrington and was always a reliable performer, he isnt the biggest guy around but he puts the effort in, and he can play prop or second row, the guy was signed from Canberra originally by Warrington. He's a decnet player, but by no means a world beater. If you followed rugby league, you wouldnt have to watch rugby union 7's to get some info on him, hes been playing in super league for about 4 years previous to last season.
He might well have been playing for 4 years in RL but I follow Wigan not Warrington and my locality limits this to Sky's coverage. Of course I have heard of him but unfortunately my dedication to the sport doesnt encompass watching every game and following every player. I was simply commenting on the fact that he was obviously a mobile forward if he had been selected for international Rugby Union 7's. Which incidentally I dont follow that closely either.

Thanks for the info all the same.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

"Lindsay said: "We've been doing our homework on him and he's a tough kid who will do a job for us.
"Nothing has been signed yet, but there's the real
possibilty that Jerome will be a Wigan player in the next couple of weeks."

(from Wigantoday.net)
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

a players a player if he can play prop get him.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

In the next two weeks apparantly
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Does anybody know any gossip on the Sonny Bill Williams negotiations if so please tell all.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Special K

Post by Special K »

He will probarbly stay in Oz not many good players of that age come over here. :(

Hope im wrong though :)
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Special, I've got a mate in Oz who reckons it's a done deal for Sonny Bill. Whats the gossip???
Pain is temporary pride is forever
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He's a new zealander though so it isnt going to wreck his international career if he comes over, plus its more money for the young lad, i suggest he does it to broaden his horizons and gain valuble experience!!! :)
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mrs_carney posted:
He's a new zealander though so it isnt going to wreck his international career if he comes over, plus its more money for the young lad, i suggest he does it to broaden his horizons and gain valuble experience!!! :)
Nah, that's just Aussies that don't get picked unless they play in NRL.

I think if the money on the table is £300 kpa as rumoured we would be better getting a couple of players to add depth to the squad. Sonny looks great but he's not Farrell is he.