JJb only fit for 1 sport

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
da_duke

JJb only fit for 1 sport

Post by da_duke »

Basically I am a latics fan and only supported warriors last year for the basic reason that Mike was coach. I really wouldn't put it past whelan to kick you out and dump you (like ORRELL). Dave Ehelan is a ruthless, evil man.

Personally I have never thought much f the groundsharing idea but now its here we will have to stick with it. The pitch is a mess. It ain't fit for super league and (fingers crossed) the premier league - so we come to the conclusion that one must leave - very unfair. I hope it doesn't come to it but imo it more than likely will and i cant see whelan kicking us out. Whatever the rugbys fate may be, whether you stay, move or whelan dumps you, then you will have to deal with it. I reckon Whelan should build another stadium elsewhere for one to move, being biased I would like it to be the rugby but it could well be the football.

may the best sport win.
Although I'm a latic, I always want u warriors to do well....
mario

Re: JJb only fit for 1 sport

Post by mario »

With any luck Whelen might bankrupt himself trying to keep you in the premiership and then we can get a proper chairman.
thegimble

Re: JJb only fit for 1 spo...

Post by thegimble »

Give it a couple of seasons and youll be back in division coca cola league 1. Whelen will not have the funds to maintain u up there.

Hell get bored and then not put as much in youll then get relegated have a huge overhead and then relegated again.

How much crowd do you get in the division you are now cause i guarantee u after 1 season in the prem youll be back down with less gates.

And where would the JJB be without the Warriors cause after all we maew the ground year on year not unlike the glory hunters who will turn there back on the Latics once they are relegated.

By the way if it was not for the groundshare you would not be in the position u r now. This was one thing Whelen wanted the ground to be used throughout the year.
warrior till i die

Re: JJb only fit for 1 sport

Post by warrior till i die »

if whealan was buisnesswise he would keep the warriors there.Plain and simply who has the better crowds? THE WARRIORS. If the latics got into the premiership it would be the away fans who bring the crowd.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
MrsLam

Re: JJb only fit for 1 spo...

Post by MrsLam »

It's not a question of who is the best sport, who nationally/locally gets the best crowds or who is in what division. As previously stated the ground is shared, if you are saying that the ground was originally shared with the idea that Wigan Warriors would stay in Super league and Wigan Athletic would stay in 1st/2nd division then Dave Whelan is clearly not as confident in your ability as you are. If you don't understand what I mean think about this, you are saying that Whelan never imagined that Latics would go up into the premier league otherwise why would he make two teams share in the first place? It would probably have been a lot cheaper and easier for him to build two seperate grounds for us both in the first place.

Anyway, your comments are not offensive but this board is actually for Wigan Warriors and Rugby League discussions and we tend to steer clear of Latics vs Warriors debates because it just causes trouble.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!