Performances

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
scouse warrior

Performances

Post by scouse warrior »

Completely gutted i cant go today, please can some of you kind people let me know (Not just the score!) how they perform? cheers :conf: :conf:
shawcross da warrior

Re: Performances

Post by shawcross da warrior »

check the thread with the title score.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

What was Lockers like, did he drop a mess of ball and do nothing creative?, was he forgiven because he did a load of tackles?
Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

medlocke posted:
What was Lockers like, did he drop a mess of ball and do nothing creative?, was he forgiven because he did a load of tackles?
Looked more like a captain, one of the better players today, but there wasn't a bad player amongst our squad today, it has to be said.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Well said Matthew being close to the players and not having the noise that we have at the JJB you can hear all the banter going on the field not just Lockers calling the shots but all the players urging each other on .
Match report on here
http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Carm ... 3688839.jp
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Matthew-Warrior posted:
medlocke posted:
Looked more like a captain, one of the better players today, but there wasn't a bad player amongst our squad today, it has to be said.
Nice to hear, maybe i could show him my appreciation a little more this year
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke posted:
Lockers again played a big game and not just tackling either. When Barrett was asked who did he rate in the tri-nations and in the wigan team his first reply was "LOCKERS", he said people underrate him and do not realise how much he does in a game. He also said that he (Lockers) is going to get better and better. So I think Baz rates him very highly and I would value an opinion from him more and completely ignore Lockers Knockers and pessimists like yourself!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

So what do people think? Were we much better than v Wire? Who impressed? Youngsters?

Personally, I think Prescott looks better than he did last season. It will be very good if he maintains it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan posted:
So what do people think? Were we much better than v Wire? Who impressed? Youngsters?

Personally, I think Prescott looks better than he did last season. It will be very good if he maintains it.
I felt the whole team had improved a great deal from last week. I think "Chicken George" played as if he's been here for a while not just a week and to score a try as well, things can only get better (good title for a song eh?).
As for the young lads Prescott impressed me as did Ainscough, O'Carroll, McIllorum and the boy Reah?, who came on for Richards at full back. I also thought Nicky Stanton did well on the wing and he did a great tackle near the end when they were threatening our line.
All in all a good game, hope Colbon's ok, took a nasty knock off Tadulala who then came off with a depressed cheek bone.

Looking forward to Widnes and hope the weather is a bit more clement (at least we will be under cover).
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

cpwigan posted:

cp.. it was a different team to what turned up at wire!we played bratfot off the park! higham was very good as were all of the team.

think coley impressed me alot if he carries on like this he'l be a very good signing!

but as i said last week the young lad on the wing will be a blinder. ainscough imo is miles ahead of colbon and if he carries on playing like he did today deserves to start against quins! only my opinion though! :wink: