LATICS RUIN OUR PITCH

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shawcross da warrior

Re: LATICS RUIN OUR PITCH

Post by shawcross da warrior »

so did i fitzy....

i was going mad when linekar was on about us doing it but then good old john motson clears all the blame off us and rightly states it is'nt us....
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

actually the state of the pitch is down to the JJb stadium burning the pitch ,wat a cock up heads must roll 4 this
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It is supposedly a pipe that runs the length of the pitch with covers over the top and it is the pipe that has caused the stripe, as Mike B said it "burned" the grass where it lay on the pitch.

After the Widnes game was talking to
Stuart Cummings about general rugby stuff, and I commented on the state of our pitch. He said "you want to see Huddersfield's it is worse than Wigans". Apparently there isn't any grass on it at all!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bear

Post by Bear »

Ive heard another stupid one lol. Its a pipe that runs to the cananl, and because of so much rain, the water has sponged up onto the surface :eh:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

That part of the pitch has always been dodgy when it comes to drainage and undersoil heating.
botica

Post by botica »

I had to turn the game off. Every time a goalie kicked the ball its showed him tear up the turf, every tackle had soil skipping up behind the player, it was torture!! Most of this was happening away from the big line down the centre too.
Don't forget we played in very wet weather too through the summer, perhaps not as bad as the last few weeks but still! We left a bowling green for them to play on!!! Its only 18 days to our first game at home!! :blush:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

is it just coincidence then that the people who designed the jjb designed huddersfields aswell.....

maybe that as something to do with it.... :doz:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:angry:

The Wigan Observer carrys a huge article

Whelan says there is no more he can do and the problem is the drainage into the Douglas back filling during recent downpours.

Alas and why I get angry. Big interview with player Ryan Taylor, he lambasts the pitch and says it is the 2nd worst in the whole of the football league and then says the rugby guys start up in a fortnight and they will make it even worse IDIOT
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan posted:

Whelan says there is no more he can do and the problem is the drainage into the Douglas back filling during recent downpours.

Alas and why I get angry. Big interview with player
Ryan Taylor, he lambasts the pitch and says it is the 2nd worst in the whole of the football league and then says the rugby guys start up in a fortnight
and they will make it even worse IDIOT
:angry: I've said it before but even the groundsman at JJB says it is not the rugby that causes the most damage. It also states that Whelan said he "spent £100,000 having the pitch re-laid" two years ago!!! Some clubs have it re-laid two sometimes three times a year.

And what else would you expect from Ryan Taylor? he's a scouser!!! :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews posted:
cpwigan posted:

Alas and why I get angry. Big interview with player
Ryan Taylor, he lambasts the pitch and says it is the 2nd worst in the whole of the football league and then says the rugby guys start up in a fortnight
and they will make it even worse IDIOT
:angry: I've said it before but even the groundsman at JJB says it is not the rugby that causes the most damage. It also states that Whelan said he "spent £100,000 having the pitch re-laid" two years ago!!! Some clubs have it re-laid two sometimes three times a year.

And what else would you expect from Ryan Taylor? he's a scouser!!! :angry:
What else do you expect of Wheelen he is a miser who makes scrouge look like a saint :lol: :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx