A Question about Salary Cap ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gillysmyhero

A Question about Salary Cap ?

Post by gillysmyhero »

does the club providing a car and paying the rent on a players house count on the salary cap. I have been told that allegedly Wigan have taken Richards Car back and have stopped paying the rent on Baileys house,to free up cash under the salary cap.With the report in WEP tonight that Wigan might dip in to transfare market due to pryces injury taking longer to heal it adds up.
Spanakopitta

Re: A Question about Salar...

Post by Spanakopitta »

well paying for the flights over for michael dobsons parents to come watch hime play counted on the cap, so i'd assume that paying for cars / houses for players does as well :conf:
GEER EM ONSIDE
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

Absolutely, this would be recognised as "benefits in kind" and would be taxable as if received as a salary.
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
gillysmyhero posted:
and have stopped paying the rent on Baileys house,
WE have a spare room!!! (or do we)

.....2 in a bed and the little one said, roll over...(whats that song?) :lol:
:D :D :D
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Spanakopitta posted:
well paying for the flights over for michael dobsons parents to come watch hime play counted on the cap, so i'd assume that paying for cars / houses for players does as well :conf:
Correct.

6.3 Player benefits
6.3.1 All accommodation costs paid by the club including rent, council tax bills, telephone bills,
heating and any other relevant costs. Where a club owns a house then the “rent” shall be
deemed to be the “rating value”;
6.3.2 All payments made to players’ agents by the club;
6.3.3 All payments for private medical cover of player’s families or other persons connected
with the player (premiums for players are to be excluded);
6.3.4 Provision of cars for players, amount to be based on taxable benefit to the player, which
will also include car fuel benefits where applicable;
6.3.5 Cost of all travelling expenses paid to, or on behalf of, the player. Such expenses will
include all airfares and relocations costs of non-British players, irrespective of whether
they may be subject to income tax.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/client ... rt%205.pdf
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I doubt Richards car belonged to the club and it wouldn't free up enough room under the cap to buy a round of drinks in the south stand bar.If you've seen it you'll understand its an old battered j reg toyota and probably worth £50-£100 :D :lol:
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

no but did you see Fletch's car that he used millard a lift in that was terrible
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Which club tippled over the cap due to similar circumstances? they received a slap.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

i heard that cas have got the wrap for something similar, sure it was a flight for a players parents. think it put them over in the season they got promoted back to super league (last time not this time)
GEER EM ONSIDE