Beckham

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Re: Beckham

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews posted:
medlocke posted:
He is like Lockers, Crap

:angry: :angry: :angry:
You are at it again knocking the captain of our team. You remind me of all the to**ers who write in to the league express and moan about Wigan all the time cos they have nothing better to do. For God's sake give it a rest :angry: :angry: :angry:

Calm down, Beckham is Tommy Tank end off, so i can't have an opinion about the players i don't rate, is that fair, what about all the Doc murray fans or Danny Moore fans out there, they must have been really upset when those players where getting chastised, it is my right as a British citizen tp voice my opinion girly :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol

Banksy

Post by Banksy »

You are at it again knocking the captain of our team. You remind me of all the to**ers who write in to the league express and moan about Wigan all the time cos they have nothing better to do. For God's sake give it a rest
Get you dummy back in :lol: , and Beckham should be given 100 caps just cruel leaving him on 99.[/quote]
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Banksy posted:
You are at it again knocking the captain of our team. You remind me of all the to**ers who write in to the league express and moan about Wigan all the time cos they have nothing better to do. For God's sake give it a rest
Get you dummy back in :lol: , and Beckham should be given 100 caps just cruel leaving him on 99.
[/quote]

I wasn't knocking Beckham, it's just that I'm sick of the Lockers Knockers
I agree that Becks should get his 100th cap, his presence on the field of play is enough to warrant it.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be honest Beckham is not very good but to select him on sentiment is crazy. He has done very well given his restrictions. Once upon a time he could cross a great ball (No longer) and his free kicks. All he has now is hitting free kicks. England have plenty of those. Not fit to lace Ronaldos boots.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cpwigan posted:
To be honest Beckham is not very good but to select him on sentiment is crazy. He has done very well given his restrictions. Once upon a time he could cross a great ball (No longer) and his free kicks. All he has now is hitting free kicks. England have plenty of those. Not fit to lace Ronaldos boots.
all in your opinion ofcourse!

always a bad idea posting threads RE football on here
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I know more about football than RL. Played football at a decent level as did all family members.

Beckham was excellent for Man U. The Becks today is not a patch on the player he was. Fergie called it right. Since then all downhill. There are many talented outside right midfielders who deserve a place before him.

As I already said Gerrard and Lampard together does not work either.

Sometimes you have to pick the best team rather than the best players. We did so in 66.

Do you honestly think Beckham is fit to lace Ronaldos boots? Becks was one footed and struggled to beat a player at his very best. The other can use both feet and beats players for fun.

Do not always presume we do not like / know anything bout other sports

:wink:
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

cpwigan posted:
I know more about football than RL. Played football at a decent level as did all family members.

Beckham was excellent for Man U. The Becks today is not a patch on the player he was. Fergie called it right. Since then all downhill. There are many talented outside right midfielders who deserve a place before him.

As I already said Gerrard and Lampard together does not work either.

Sometimes you have to pick the best team rather than the best players. We did so in 66.

Do you honestly think Beckham is fit to lace Ronaldos boots? Becks was one footed and struggled to beat a player at his very best. The other can use both feet and beats players for fun.

Do not always presume we do not like / know anything bout other sports

:wink:
i agree, i like capello's attitude, if a player is not in good form or not match fit then they shouldnt play. the country comes first over sentiment, beckham has been a very good servan for the england national team and will get his 100th cap in the future when he starts playing again competitivly but cant put him in front of players like bentley and wright phillips who have been in good form recently and desere to be in there. eve aaron lennon is not in the team and he has been in good form recently with a few goals and assists, this makes beckham 4th choice at the moment and capello has to do this to make the righ ipression and to stamp his mark on the team.

i also agree with lampard and gerard shouldn't not play together as they are two of the same and have proven not to play well together over 4 or 5 years
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cpwigan posted:
:sarc:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

ronaldo is a much etter player to what beckham is or even was, he has everything that is needed in an attacking player with great at dead ball situations, can dribble and cross and with 27 goals so far is better then any other player in the country for goals. i dont like the diving and theatrics and diving from him but oher then that he is the best footballer in the premier league and probably the world. beckham was very good but was limited so ronaldo takes it for me as he has an all round game
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

God it is;

Form is temporary, class is permanent

Seriously, no offence Bowtun but if you think Beckham is better than say Ronaldo you need your head testing. Forget being patriotic, forget personal love/hate and all that bull. The 2 do not stack up. David Beckham owes so much to his father and Fergie. He worked so incredibly hard to achieve what he did. The moment he stopped listening to the right people and stopped working hard his career went downhill. He opted for stardom. He made that choice and has profited in other ways from it.

Whatsmore, you cannot have a situation where a clique of players are controlling the national team. No matter how much they are worth, the best managers have shown them who is in control. The manager is the boss. Nobody else.