Stuart Fielden - Interview!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Spanakopitta

Re: Stuart Fielden - Inter...

Post by Spanakopitta »

- psycho - posted:
all im saying is, he's the highest paid player at the club yes? he may have been suffering from depression or whatever and his mum may have passed yes its sad, but there are people to help you through it, and for the money he was on it couldnt have hurt to try and speak to someone about it. if you're not here to play rugby and are willing to let off field problems get in the way of what you do on field, then you shouldn't be on the field. end of imo.
so the two broken toes that he played on and the shoulder that required surgery in the off season didn't affect his performance at all.
GEER EM ONSIDE
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Spanakopitta posted:
- psycho - posted:
all im saying is, he's the highest paid player at the club yes? he may have been suffering from depression or whatever and his mum may have passed yes its sad, but there are people to help you through it, and for the money he was on it couldnt have hurt to try and speak to someone about it. if you're not here to play rugby and are willing to let off field problems get in the way of what you do on field, then you shouldn't be on the field. end of imo.
so the two broken toes that he played on and the shoulder that required surgery in the off season didn't affect his performance at all.
yeh they would have done, but in that case why play him, that could be down to stuart or management, either way it was a silly decision as it resulted in poor performances.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

- psycho - posted:
Spanakopitta posted:
- psycho - posted:
yeh they would have done, but in that case why play him, that could be down to stuart or management, either way it was a silly decision as it resulted in poor performances.
Not much choice really, and in any case a half-fit Fielden was a better option than O'Carroll or Prescott last year; I think this year we'll see a big improvement in both of the youngsters, though.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Flash posted:
- psycho - posted:
i hope he does well, yes, new season and that. but im not buying into this hungry for rugby stuff because if he wasnt he shouldnt have been plaiyng.
Firstly, I didn't give him any stick so feel perfectly entitled to criticise your post. Secondly playing him was a good decision, not a poor one. We would have been a lot worse off without him. If you seriously think he was bad last season, my opinion of your rugby knowledge has just dropped dramatically. He was poor BY HIS OWN STANDARDS. By most peoples he was still good. Top ten in SL in a couple of catagories I believe and never missed a game for us despite carrying several injuries and suffering the death of his Mother. Hopefully you don't have to go through anything similar in your life, at least for a very long time, but if you ever do, perhaps you will come to appreciate just what a monumental effort that was.
:eusa2:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I am not a Fielden fan but i dont think comments like that are in very good taste and you should keep them to yourself.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

- psycho - posted:
can i just remind of everyone of the flack you all gave fielden last season, me to yes. but you all had a dig. were were your lets 'walk in his shoes' phrases then? were was your sympathy when you were shouting 'sell up'....

..... oh there wasnt any!
I NEVER GAVE FEILDEN ANY FLACK :angry: and I have never given ANY of our players anything but praise.
I am of the opinion that if you can't say anything nice or decent about anybody it is better not to say anything at all.
And that goes for all you Lockers Knockers as well.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I backed him last year and feel we will see the reel player this term the lad as a point to prove .
Players have dips in form for one reason or another last year he had a few reasons , hope he shows why 2 years ago he was rated as one of the best front rowers in the world .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Simple the answer is Stu HAD to play last season we needed him our youngsters and Feka couldn't of carried us through to the play offs and finish 3rd best Super League. And I don't think as fans we should be advising Fielden how to sort out his issues its a personal thing and he will sort them out how he likes.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I criticised him but there is a difference between that and insulting the bloke
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I criticised him but there is a difference between that and insulting the bloke
Nothing wrong with criticising a player’s game and what aspects he did poor in but when people get to a personal level its just wrong.