Feka

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nine

Re: Feka

Post by Nine »

medlocke posted:
Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Eh i dont get it?, what were the last 2 times he's been to court for if this was just to set a date for the trial?, its dragging on way too long this!
the last time would of been for pre sentencing reports with the Probation service, it probably would have gone ahead if he was pleading guilty, sentencing will be alot worse if he is found guilty form a not guilty plea, he and the club should have just bit the bullet and gone guilty, got a slap and some community service and paid some compo
No, it's just that when you are charged with GBH the case must be heard at Crown Court. The last hearings were him being charged, and then him being committed from the magistrates court to Crown Court. Today's hearing was to take a plea from him formally to determine if a trial is needed.

He pleaded not guilty, so the case has to be adjourned to a later date to give both sides time to prepare their evidence properly and for the court to plan it in for a suitable day or number of days that they expect to need for such a trial.

All par for the course, really - Feka isn't being treated any differently to anyone else accused of such a serious crime. You can't read anything into the adjournments that have been made so far.
Squad number 18!
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

medlocke posted:
Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Eh i dont get it?, what were the last 2 times he's been to court for if this was just to set a date for the trial?, its dragging on way too long this!
the last time would of been for pre sentencing reports with the Probation service, it probably would have gone ahead if he was pleading guilty, sentencing will be alot worse if he is found guilty form a not guilty plea, he and the club should have just bit the bullet and gone guilty, got a slap and some community service and paid some compo
agree with all of that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The trial is to be held on April 28th. Hope everything goes well for him. :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

Thats how it works.

The first one in the Magistrates was just so they can say its going to be passed to crown.
The first one in Crown says when they will start with it

and so it goes...

Even if he had pleaded guilty he would have had to go back in a few weeks for his sentence (while they get various reports from people such as probation service etc).

As soon as he pleads Not Guilty and they are proceeding to full trial they have to sort out a date when all three parties are available.
1) the judge
2) Feka's Legal people
3) Prosecution legal team.

The delay is nothing sinister.
Nothing good or bad just procedure.

AND He will have known this would be the outcome before he went to court this afternoon so it will not have come as a shock to him.

The delay is just frustrating.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

they have cctv footage so im told. :conf:

did he plead guilty or not? id have pleaded guilty personally, sometiems the honesty knocks a few days off the sentence :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

consigliere posted:
Thats how it works.

The first one in the Magistrates was just so they can say its going to be passed to crown.
The first one in Crown says when they will start with it

and so it goes...

Even if he had pleaded guilty he would have had to go back in a few weeks for his sentence (while they get various reports from people such as probation service etc).

As soon as he pleads Not Guilty and they are proceeding to full trial they have to sort out a date when all three parties are available.
1) the judge
2) Feka's Legal people
3) Prosecution legal team.

The delay is nothing sinister.
Nothing good or bad just procedure.

AND He will have known this would be the outcome before he went to court this afternoon so it will not have come as a shock to him.

The delay is just frustrating.
When i had my last trial at Preston Crown, i was sent for Pre sentencing reports on the same day that it was sent to crown, i appeared once at Crown , pleaded guilty and dealt with in a swift and firm but fair manner (Barstewards) and awarded 240hrs and a hefty amount of Compo to pay, mind you all this was 17 year ago, so is suppose some things will of changed. The silly things you do when you are younger :blush:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

medlocke, a little off topic but what is going on with your signature? who are they!?

mario

Post by mario »

- psycho - posted:

did he plead guilty or not? id have pleaded guilty personally, sometiems the honesty knocks a few days off the sentence :lol:
What if he's not guilty?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

mario posted:
- psycho - posted:

What if he's not guilty?
so what, a falling rock broke the mans jaw?

if he's not guilty he says 'not guilty' but if he is its probably best to just say guilty, its a no brainer really. :conf:

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

josie andrews posted:
The trial is to be held on April 28th. Hope everything goes well for him. :(
In all fairness and bneutrality, if he is guilty then he's proven to be guilty. As a Wigan fan I am concerned about the team. As an admirer of Paleaaesina on and off the pitch from what i know, I hope the outcome will be what is deserved. For the common good.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame