Stuart Fielden - Interview!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Stuart Fielden - Inter...

Post by cpwigan »

And I presume we all want Stuart Fielden at his best which is a great player to have in your team. BTW Defensively he is worth a lot. If he gets his running game back then we have the player we bought.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i've never had a go at o'loughlin, i can see what he brings to the team, were many can't.

im not criticising fielden as a person, or saying what he went through last year was easy because it cant have been, but in my opinion, and im entitled to one, if the ammount he was on couldn't motivate him for 80 minutes of rugby then dont play, simple as. theres plenty of others who would love to play for wigan and putting problems aside, he should have been hungry for rugby no matter what. i lost count the amount of times i've seen 'sell him!' or fans shouting 'take him off!' or whatever, you get paid to play rugby and you play it for 80 minutes, be it warming up, on the field or whatever, you do what you're paid for for 80 minutes. and in my view he didnt earn what was being splashed out into his pockets.

he had problems yes, and it must have been difficult losing his mum, and being floored by mason, and whatever else went wrong, but if he wasnt hungry to paly rugby at the time, then step aside and let someone else have a go.

let me put it to you this way. johnny wilkinson (cringe at refering to union), current england RU fly half. he's good but sometimes it feels like he's the fly half on merit. same with beckham, it sometimes feels like he is on the england team through merit rather than how he has played. would it then be fair to deny a young hungry player the chance to play on the world stage if beckham or wilkinson werent hungry for it anymore. would it be fair if wilkinson said 'i cant be a*sed anymore', get in the squad on merit, and deny a young up and coming fly half the chance to shine for england?

would it be fair of beckham if he said i cant be bothered with england, to get in the squad because of his name and deny young talent of a chance. no it wouldnt, and that is my opinion on fielden, problems aside, thats how i judged his on field performances. i hope he does well this year and gets back to the fielden of old, but that is my view.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Don't you think we have enough to contend with from other clubs always moaning and having a go at Wigan, the fans, Mo, Whelan,the pitch and the players without our own fans jumping on the bandwagon and giving the coach/club/players a hard time? They'll be calling for Feka's head as soon as we start the season mark my words, especially the stains lot.
So I think it is about time we stuck together and get behind the club & every player and be what our club motto "Ancient & Loyal" and "Proud to be Wigan", because I know I am.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

josie andrews posted:
Don't you think we have enough to contend with from other clubs always moaning and having a go at Wigan, the fans, Mo, Whelan,the pitch and the players without our own fans jumping on the bandwagon and giving the coach/club/players a hard time? They'll be calling for Feka's head as soon as we start the season mark my words, especially the stains lot.
So I think it is about time we stuck together and get behind the club & every player and be what our club motto "Ancient & Loyal" and "Proud to be Wigan", because I know I am.
you obviously havent been on the board when we lose :lol: the abuse some players get is shocking. noteably millard, vaealiki, fielden, o'loughlin. but 2 have left which means half the moaning, joy.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

LOL - Your getting a hard time Psycho, just for voicing your own opinions, whether right or wrong, they are yours, and in this "free" country (I think) you are still entitled to them.

As for the "death of his mother" oft quote. I am going to upset many on here now. Is he the first?, will he be the last to ever lose a mother? Well - everyone else the world over HAS had to deal with it! Why should he be any different - or is it just because he plays for the Warriors we can accept this as an excuse?

For the complainers on here - YES I have lost someone VERY close to me in the last few years. I had to pick myself up and restart my life, refocus and look to what I still had, still never forgetting the one I had lost. Performing and doing what I have left in my left as an honour and tribute to the person who still no-longer with me, except in my thoughts and prayers!

Why should Fielden be any different?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

butt monkey posted:
LOL - Your getting a hard time Psycho, just for voicing your own opinions, whether right or wrong, they are yours, and in this "free" country (I think) you are still entitled to them.

As for the "death of his mother" oft quote. I am going to upset many on here now. Is he the first?, will he be the last to ever lose a mother? Well - everyone else the world over HAS had to deal with it! Why should he be any different - or is it just because he plays for the Warriors we can accept this as an excuse?

For the complainers on here - YES I have lost someone VERY close to me in the last few years. I had to pick myself up and restart my life, refocus and look to what I still had, still never forgetting the one I had lost. Performing and doing what I have left in my left as an honour and tribute to the person who still no-longer with me, except in my thoughts and prayers!

id applaud, but it doesnt seem appropriate, so ill just say, i agree.

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

butt monkey posted:

I don't think we should accept it as an excuse but it is a reason. You are to be commended on your efforts after losing someone close but were you scrutinised as much about your performance (at work I presume) as Fielden was? IMO after seeing the interview I don't think he wanted to be treated differently from anybody else.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fujiman posted:
butt monkey posted:

I don't think we should accept it as an excuse but it is a reason. You are to be commended on your efforts after losing someone close but were you scrutinised as much about your performance (at work I presume) as Fielden was? IMO after seeing the interview I don't think he wanted to be treated differently from anybody else.
But reasons are still given.....I was not one of his detractors last season, but, its is fair for people to question his place AND performances for the 1st team. Injuries are part and parcel (toe injuries pah!) I saw Shaun Edwards play with a depressed fracture of the cheekbone, Hanley play with a serious hamstring injury etc.... Wasn't there a GB international who played with a broken arm? Injuries are also part of the "package" of excuses often offered as reason why he didn't perform to his usual high standards.

I cannot and will not tolerate another season of under-performing, whether his cat dies or his hair needs cutting. This "sympathy/empathy" for him must end and he must start to produce. Its no good "Talking the talk" if he's not going to "walk the walk".

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

butt monkey posted:
Fujiman posted:
butt monkey posted:

But reasons are still given.....I was not one of his detractors last season, but, its is fair for people to question his place AND performances for the 1st team. Injuries are part and parcel (toe injuries pah!) I saw Shaun Edwards play with a depressed fracture of the cheekbone, Hanley play with a serious hamstring injury etc.... Wasn't there a GB international who played with a broken arm? Injuries are also part of the "package" of excuses often offered as reason why he didn't perform to his usual high standards.

I cannot and will not tolerate another season of under-performing, whether his cat dies or his hair needs cutting. This "sympathy/empathy" for him must end and he must start to produce. Its no good "Talking the talk" if he's not going to "walk the walk".
Bloodly hell your a hard task master :lol:
BTW i used to live near to Tony Burke the stains prop many years ago and remember him playing in I think a challenge cup final a week or two after having micro surgery on his ear after it had been nearly ripped off the previous week
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

AS for the help at work.....I received none!

In fact, it is something that very few at work I actually have divulged this information, why should they know? and why should their opinions of me alter because of it?

I was not after sympathy or any thing else, just to rebuild my life and move on. Which I felt I would not be able to do with any "mollycoddling" that goes with death.