carmont

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

carmont

Post by - psycho - »

i know we've only played 3 'trial games' but what are your opinions on him? after seeing jake webster for hull kr, and the quality of other centres in SL, who thinks we've picked a ood signing up here? or is he to become the next vaealiki. i couldnt get to bulls or widnes so how did he do?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
butt monkey

Re: carmont

Post by butt monkey »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Altogether now....

"C`mon Carmont, C`mon Carmont, C`mon Carmont Carmont" :D

This was the tune at Widnes :)
Is it PC to sing a Gary Glitter song? :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

- psycho - posted:
or is he to become the next vaealiki.
he could never be another vaealiki as he will be on a fraction of his wage. i would have never had a problem with vaealiki if he was on an average wage, the problem was he was on a huge wage but he wasnt a huge player
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
butt monkey posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
Altogether now....

"C`mon Carmont, C`mon Carmont, C`mon Carmont Carmont" :D

This was the tune at Widnes :)
Is it PC to sing a Gary Glitter song? :wink:
yeah was Glitters song.
Do you wanna come in my cell my cell my cell
do you wanna come in my cell?? :lol:

I havent actually seen carmont in action as yet but webster looked great on saturday. The things ive heard about carmont it sounds positive. Cant do no worse than DV.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Mikey800

Post by Mikey800 »

I think it has been said that if the Newcastle fans started a petition online to keep him he must of done something right.
I noticed he may of had the kiss of death, stevo said on sky's preview he "looks solid" :conf:
"Well, it seemed like a good idea" he said, as the paramedics slowly lifted him into the waiting ambulance
pedro

Post by pedro »

I like him. Very solid and cheap (ish)
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Bear posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
butt monkey posted: Is it PC to sing a Gary Glitter song? :wink:
yeah was Glitters song.
Do you wanna come in my cell my cell my cell
do you wanna come in my cell?? :lol:

I havent actually seen carmont in action as yet but webster looked great on saturday. The things ive heard about carmont it sounds positive. Cant do no worse than DV.
Errr, now that IS definitely un_pc!! :o
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

jake webster is a class act without a doubt but i think he would have cost alot more than carmount , webster is young talented and has a long time left in the game were as carmont is coming to the end of his, still carmont is a quality player for sure.....
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

in the salary cap era you have to pick your battles when it comes to your squad. We could get 2 world class aussie test star centres but you can forget having trent and feilden on the books if you do. I think hes a good signing. As has been said already the main problem with DV was he cost as much as an aussie test star but was nothing more than average. Carmont from what i have seen is a good, cheap(i assume) professional. And he adds experience to a squad that is very young, only trent passing the 30 mark and the average age 24. All you can ask is that he is solid and from what i seen he will be.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Brian Carney rates Carmont as he played with him at Newcastle.Carney said that he is strong in defence and has a good step on him.Carney has been staying with Bailey and told a friend of mine who lives near by.