Guissett signed?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Guissett signed?

Post by Mike »

According to an article in todays WEP, (http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... eID=950178, or related story link at bottom) Jerome Guissett may make his Wigan debut on Saturday. Its not clear if he has agreed a deal with Wigan, or signed a contract though, but Maurice is speaking like he is eligable to play,
Chairman Maurice Lindsay said: "Jerome arrived back in this country today. Now it's up to Denis."
My question is whether we would be allowed to include Jerome as he wasn't in the 20-man squad we announced yesterday? Perhaps we will be the first club to challenge the squad announcement system???
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Re: Guissett signed?

Post by DaveO »

My question is whether we would be allowed to include Jerome as he wasn't in the 20-man squad we announced yesterday? Perhaps we will be the first club to challenge the squad announcement system???
It would be t our advantage if he did play but I hope we don't challenge it. It is a good rule IMO and we will just have tolive with it even though it does, IMO, make a win more unlikely given Wakey's big pack

Dave
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Wasn't the 20 man announcement introduced to counteract the possible fallout from playing a weakened side like the unmentionable did against Bradford. I would hope that if players got injured in training they could be replaced in the 18 man squad announcement prior to the game, thus retaining some flexibility. If not, then isn't this taking a sledgehammer to crush a nut scenario again by the RFL :(
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Yeah, but would it be a good desicion to play him if he hasnt even had chance to train with the squad!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Jerome who. See we've signed another big name. Just what Wigan need. Wasn't Jerome only a bit part player at Warrington.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

The Black Pearl posted:
Jerome who. See we've signed another big name. Just what Wigan need. Wasn't Jerome only a bit part player at Warrington.
I wouldnt say being involved with the 1st team for all of the 6 seasons he was there as being a bit part player, and seeing as you would like to put his siganture down, how about you find us an international class prop 1 week into a new season ? oh I forgot, you cant can you.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ChrisA posted:
The Black Pearl posted:
I wouldnt say being involved with the 1st team for all of the 6 seasons he was there as being a bit part player, and seeing as you would like to put his siganture down, how about you find us an international class prop 1 week into a new season ? oh I forgot, you cant can you.

We should get a World Class prop but the club will not pay the money needed for this. The club should have given Craig Smith another season as he was the only dependable prop there last season. Seeing how bad Davico injury was in Oz then he would have been in there as cover. This is very short sightedness. Smith did ask for another year but was turned down.

Just hope Seu Seu has the heart like Smith cause this Jerry is going to be a long season for u.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Question, if theres virus or somthing in your team and 4 players get it out of your 20 man squad can you rebuild your 20man squad or do you just make it up to 17?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3