Preds League rules etc...

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
FROM A TO B

Preds League rules etc...

Post by FROM A TO B »

Few people have asked, so here they are again.
I'll lock and block to stop further additions to the post and then unlock after the weekend!

Hopefully the following has captured any questions that regulars or new members may have.

I'm sure someone will point out any anomalies or things I have missed!

1. Only one entry per site member allowed.
2. £5.00 entry fee per team.
3. All entry fees to be paid by 28th March 08
4. Entries will be accepted up to 14th Feb 08, thereafter no new entries will be accepted
5. Points scoring system
1st Wigan try scorer (5pts if a back, 10 if a forward)
last Wigan try scorer (points as above)
Coaches MOM (as announced in the SS bar after the match) 10pts
Attendance:
+/- 20 = 25pts
+/- 100 = 15pts
+/- 500 = 10pts
+/- 1000 = 5pts
6. For nomination of try scorers, positions will be based on the players usual position (ie if Barrett is named at loose forward, he will score points as a back).
7. All predictions to be posted on the relevant thread (will be called Preds, followed by team we are playing) and submitted by midnight the day before the match, IE:
Friday game: By midnight on the Thursday
Saturday game: By midnight on the Friday
Sunday game: By midnight on the Saturday
NO EXCEPTIONS
8. If you will be away for any future games, you can nominate someone else to submit on your behalf, or can submit in advance should you prefer.
9. Once nominations have been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
10. Attendance. If you believe the game will be sold out, then you must nominate the attendance as per the clubs advised capacity. Should the game be declared a sell out, but the club reduces the capacity of the JJB, then your scores will count as per the reduced capacity (ie if you nominate say 25,000 and the club reduced to 24,800, if announced as sold out, you will score as if you had nominated 24,800 gate).
11. Bonus rounds. There may be occasions where bonus rounds / preds are added to the competition (Millenium magic, cup matches). These will be advised at least 1 week prior to the matches taking place.
12. Prizes. Depending on the amount of entries received, entry fees paid will be used for buying various prizes for winners / runners up and any remaining funds will be donated to an agreed charity. This is a 100% non profit making competition.
13. In the event of a tie, for any prize winning positions, there will be a tie breaker to decide any winners and entries placed below these ties will move down accordingly (IE. If 2 are tied for 1st place, there will be a tie breaker to decide the winner and whoever was sat in 2nd place will move to 3rd to allow for the losing 1st place member to move down to 2nd etc…….).
14. As the co-ordinator and manager of the competition, my decision is final and binding.
15. Any employees of Wigan Warriors are exempt from entering this competition, as there may be an unfair advantage with regards to possible “inside” information
PAYMENT
All monies must be received by the first home game against Wakefield.
Any entries that have not had a payment by this time will be removed from the competition.
You will find me in the South Stand Bar before and after the matches (usual place as advised many a time).
If you wish to post payment, please send a cheque or PO payable to:

Guy Benest
7 The Birches
Broughton
Nr Chester
Flintshire CH4 0PS

If you would like to find me in the ground, I am in the East Stand
Row B seat 123

Please ensure that however you pay, that you advise your user name so I know who it is that has paid.

If you have already advised you wish to join on the previous thread, there is no need to let me know
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered