Prop Situation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Prop Situation

Post by 100% Warrior »

We all know that currently the team is currently struggling in the prop forward department at present. It showed last night when Orr & Moran had no time and space to create anything.

We've also all heard the reports that Jerome Guisset is set to sign for the Warriors this week, if this is correct it would mean we have 3 experienced props operating in the squad.

However, am I not alone in thinking this will still not solve the problem.

Whilst both Hargreaves & Prescott are certainly talented youngsters I don't think it's fair to throw them into the 1st team and expect them to perform like seasoned players week in, week out against the likes of Leeds & Saints as they don't yet have the experience to do so.

Personally, I'm not bothered about signing a big name player just as long as they can do a job for the team. I mean who'd heard of Korkidas before he signed for Wakefield and look at the job he does for them.

Surely there's an experienced (not too old !) prop forward out there who is looking for an opportunity to play for a club like Wigan.

I think we need 4 experienced prop forwards to carry us through the season.
mark prescott

Re: Prop Situation

Post by mark prescott »

totally agrre we need more firepower upfront to set the stall for the backs maurice needs to look now before its to late there were plenty of props available in the summer in this country who were out of contract whowe could have got ward from leeds anderson from bradford smith from cas lynch from cas to name just 4
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

what about chris feather at wakefield led to beleive he is on a week to week contract big lad hard worker just what were short of
:conf: :exc:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

mike binder posted:
what about chris feather at wakefield led to beleive he is on a week to week contract big lad hard worker just what were short of
:conf: :exc:
he did really well last night, the wakefield fans love him!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

we have this prop crisis at the mo but didnt last night we have a prop on the bench that we didnt even use. I may be wrong but it seemed to me that bryn hargreaves was warming up the whole game and didnt get on. Were that desperate for props but yet we dont use what we have available you never know he might of added something the other props couldnt.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Bryn did play for a bit, i cant believe how late brown was brought on though.
I think feather would be a good stand in
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Chris Feather is still a Leeds player, they have simply loaned him back to Wakefield which is where they signed him from, he isn't for sale, Leeds are better at manipulating the salary cap restrictions than Wigan :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I never mentioned the word buy........a loan would do
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Paul Davidson at Whitehaven, he had a great game today (albeit against Barrow), he was charging forward like our very own Jerry does and offloading like our Scully!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

100% Warrior posted:
We all know that currently the team is currently struggling in the prop forward department at present. It showed last night when Orr & Moran had no time and space to create anything.

We've also all heard the reports that Jerome Guisset is set to sign for the Warriors this week, if this is correct it would mean we have 3 experienced props operating in the squad.

However, am I not alone in thinking this will still not solve the problem.

Whilst both Hargreaves & Prescott are certainly talented youngsters I don't think it's fair to throw them into the 1st team and expect them to perform like seasoned players week in, week out against the likes of Leeds & Saints as they don't yet have the experience to do so.

Personally, I'm not bothered about signing a big name player just as long as they can do a job for the team. I mean who'd heard of Korkidas before he signed for Wakefield and look at the job he does for them.

Surely there's an experienced (not too old !) prop forward out there who is looking for an opportunity to play for a club like Wigan.

I think we need 4 experienced prop forwards to carry us through the season.
Why the hell dont they get Craig Smith back as cover he asked for another season and was refused. He maybe old but he was dependable and last season was the best prop we had surely they would have kept him on even as a blooody junior coach just in case of the circumstace which we are in now, as this problem with props is now ongoing for over a season.

Do you get the feeling that they are putting so much efforet in closing the RFU deal with Faz it a case of bugger this season and we will be ok the next.

As mentioned about the experience of our props how the hell is Hargraevs supposed to get experience sat on the bench. Go on Dennis knacker Jerry out before Easter.

Way things are going we need to let them at the club know we are not happy with the present situation as lest be honest they along with Farrell are keeping us in the dark, Davico has been out of the squad for a month and we still can not get a prop in.

Is Mo up to his old tricks again. Ive a feeling that Mo has planned this as he has got rid of Gregory and now Betts will be next and guess whos without a job next season. Chris Anderson. Something smells fishy here.

Also Dave Whelean priority now is the football side and now were in a position where we will finish in the top 6 but not get close to the final.

GET IT SORTED