Players fit for Wigan...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Players fit for Wigan...

Post by robjoenz »

A few people have remarked on how they don't think certain players are good enough for the Cherry and White. So let's hear what people think?!
  • Who is good enough to wear a Wigan jersey?
  • Who isn't good enough?
  • Who would you replace them with?
mrs_carney

Re: Players fit for Wigan...

Post by mrs_carney »

I think that possibly hansen, beswick and orr arent wigan standards but i havent seen much of the first two playing and orr is just going off his past quiet games. I dont think desi williams is wigan standards. I wouldnt mind rooney replacing orr at the moment but i cant think of anyone else really, i think we do have a really good squad its just some of the youngsters are a bit shaky and inexperienced for some of the bigger games.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Re: Players fit for Wigan....

Post by thegimble »

Okay this will get someones blood pressure up.

For me the like of Carney, Sculthorpe are not good enough for the club at the moment. Mrs Carney calm down please. We can not allow these 2 to carry on if they continue to be injured. Amazing how fit Carney was for the Tri Nations.

If they continue to be injured they must go. I think that Sculthorpe can be a World Class prop but he needs a run without injury and i cant see this happening.

Some of the youngsters have been played too soon and this is not there fault.

Some of the youngsters will not be there in the next couple of seasons more than propably but to singal any of these out is unfair our problem stems from the same people been injured most of the time. Its there lack of reliability that is causing the problem.

For me if the above 2 ive mentioned do not play the rest of the season then they must go. Both are quality players but are no good sat on a physio table for a large part of the season.

Sorry if ive offended Mrs Carney but think about it.

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

You havent offended me but think about it brians going when his contracts up i just wish he'd be injury free, since doing his ankle hes had nothing but crap luck.
I cant believe your being so negative about scully though, hes a tough nut and he had a bad shoulder last season and this season hes going to be superb!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Do not get me wrong i think hes the best prop in SL when fully fit. His off loading alone is amazing. As his brother says he has the better hands of the 2.

Only thing he has on his side is in his position he be better in his late 20's. The only prop id have instead of him fully fit is Danny Budures.

But he needs to stay fit - maybe they should play him in shorter bursts and interchange him regularly.

Id rather have him there but he needs to stay fit.

I get that feeling to with Carney. I was suprised to see Dallas get a contract at his age. The club has a habit of getting rid of wingers before they hit 29-30.

Also make you wonder when u see Carney injured
what they mean by the luck of the Irish.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Maybe hes secretly not irish, dont ask me how it'd work but it may explain somethings
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

You've sparked off a good one here rob......but i see you havent commented
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Buderus is a hooker!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Personally I can't see a problem with the squad 'we have' now, all it needs is more depth, another prop and a centre would do us the world of good. Vaealiki is starting very slow, if he doesn't pick up then I'd say send him on his way, but we're only two games in so I best give him a chance. Orr has the capability but needs to put in some good performances this year.

I think we have some brilliant players in O'Loughlin, Hock and Tickle, they're rarely injured (touch wood).

As for getting rid of Carney and Scully because they have been unlucky with injuries over the last season, that's just daft. Pass them off to our rivals for them to come back and slap up, nah!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Totally agree with everything rob!