Re: Sky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

Post by jammie »

it's on our fixture list on this web site as on tv on friday,if it's not i am in deep s$%T with the wife,have cancelled a weekend away becuase we were on tv friday night she will not be pleased.may be hull wanted the kick off at 7.30 anyway knowing not as many wigan fans could finish work early to get there.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jammie posted:
may be hull wanted the kick off at 7.30 anyway knowing not as many wigan fans could finish work early to get there.
That doesn't make any sense; they'll be losing a lot of money through the turnstiles.
jammie

Post by jammie »

then if it's not on tv what is the reason for still having the kick off at 7.30 ? that doesn't make sense, and on a friday at that it was bad enough fighting the m62 when we play leeds on a friday with an 8.00 kick off never mind hull with a 7.30 start.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im safe, I have my ticket... but wont be the same without Danielle. she finishes at half 5 so... probably wouldn't make it anyway if it was 8pm.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jammie

Post by jammie »

have wondered why if it's just a question of money why clubs don't (where possible )swap long distance away games to a weekend to get as many people through the gates as possible.

pedro

Post by pedro »

we should have sundays also. Would increase the ceowd also. Wigan isnt juts supported by people in wigan a lot of people have distnaces and Friday evening isnt ideal
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Hull do seem to have a weird combination of "home" kick-off times. Varying from 3.15 on Sundays to a few 7.30's on fixtures on Friday. :conf:

http://www.hullfc.com/index.php?/fixtures
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Our school only finishes at 3:20 its either the school let me out or its a mad rush
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Hull city Football play on the Sat. That may have something to do with it.

Grounds men may have asked for an extra half an hour to turn things around.

I don't think the clubs and sky think about the fans when it comes to planning fixture. What happended to us play wire on easter monday. Thats gone out of the window now.

This is a one off i think the rest of our away games in yorkshire are on a sat or Sun.

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

wiggydoran posted:
Grounds men may have asked for an extra half an hour to turn things around.

what?

half an hour? :eusa16:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!