Feka's Impact

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Poster

Feka's Impact

Post by Poster »

Many of you have already said we need to make the best of what we have got. Fielden is out for at least 4 eeks so lets get on with it. To this end we need to make best use of Feka.

Let the young bloods take the first impact and start the game.
Ten minutes in bring Feka on for ten.
Keep him resting for ten and then give him the final ten when the opposition have one eye on half time.
Second half needs to be judged on how the first has gone

The most important point IMO is to bring him on at our attacking play not on a defensive play as at present I think this is one of Nobby's calls.

We would all like to see more of him in play but lets face it we know what we have got is his best and particularly at present playing under such a cloud we need to give him support as was evident from the reception he got on Friday.
wiggydoran

Re: Feka's Impact

Post by wiggydoran »

I think we are making the most of him as it is.

I really think feka should be used from the start of a game. This sets the platform for the rest of the match. If we bring Him off after 10-15 mins to allow him to rest for his second stint. Then with 10 to go before half time put him back on.

This means he can start the 2nd half fresh because half time is like a free substiution. He can then start 2nd half do another 10 mins and then send prescott or O'carroll on. Then nobby as the decision weather we need him again or not.

He defo needs to get fitter and work on his defence. But what a 10 or 15 mins he gives us. His go forward is amazing and the noise in the stadium lifts every time he touches the ball.

One of the best props wigan have had in terms of running at people. He is offloading the ball a bit more aswell but he is a bit too slow getting up. Would love to see him pick the ball up from dummy half about 2 meters out and see if people can stop him.
Poster

Post by Poster »

wiggydoran posted:
I think we are making the most of him as it is.

I really think feka should be used from the start of a game. This sets the platform for the rest of the match. If we bring Him off after 10-15 mins to allow him to rest for his second stint. Then with 10 to go before half time put him back on.

I don't really disagree only that we did not use him twice in the first half on Friday my point in wanting to make best use.

I think the training team have got him to his best level of fitness he is what he is and would agree that he is the best true impact player in the game no matter what JR got MOS for.

He defo needs to get fitter and work on his defence. But what a 10 or 15 mins he gives us. His go forward is amazing and the noise in the stadium lifts every time he touches the ball.

One of the best props wigan have had in terms of running at people. He is offloading the ball a bit more aswell but he is a bit too slow getting up. Would love to see him pick the ball up from dummy half about 2 meters out and see if people can stop him.
Poster

Post by Poster »

Its in there somewhere never been best at using quotes sorry
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

wiggydoran posted:
In terms of technique Feka's defence is fine but other teams target him when he is tired so he can't always make the tackles especially when faster players run at him but it all comes down to fitness really.

He will only reach his 'full' fitness about half way through the season as long as he stays injury free.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

adrenalinxx posted:
wiggydoran posted:
In terms of technique Feka's defence is fine but other teams target him when he is tired so he can't always make the tackles especially when faster players run at him but it all comes down to fitness really.

He will only reach his 'full' fitness about half way through the season as long as he stays injury free.
Why half way through the season? He should be fully fit after a few games. All the hard fitness work is done pre season and during the season the training just maintains this surely :conf:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

I like the way were utilising the props at the minute. Coley is our work horse and Feka gives us very important spells. Prescott and Ocarroll also get through alot of work when they are on the pitch. I think people forget sometimes that we have hock,hansen and bailey who are work horses so all the Pack take a good proportion of the work load. When Fielden is back I think we will be sorted in terms of our pack.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

warrior till i die posted:
I like the way were utilising the props at the minute. Coley is our work horse and Feka gives us very important spells. Prescott and Ocarroll also get through alot of work when they are on the pitch. I think people forget sometimes that we have hock,hansen and bailey who are work horses so all the Pack take a good proportion of the work load. When Fielden is back I think we will be sorted in terms of our pack.
Statistically, Lockers, Higham and Fielden offered most tackles for the side last season. This allowed the remaining forwards the chance to utilise their energies into attack. The likes Feka and Hock will fully benefit, when all three return back to the first team together imo.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Our pack seems to be working well at the moment
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

I really like Feka, but i have had a argument with a friend who say's he isn't worth the money he is on. Doing half hour a game is he worth his money? He must be on a decent amount.