Re: More coverage from the tim...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Yestarday there was a small block of RL news with Iestyn Harris in the times. Whilst 2 half pages of Yawnion.

Irvine (and his brother) try hard to get more RL into the times but at least he tries his hardest.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
Impressive I must say Chris Irvine has been doing his work with the times giving us regular coverage of all the latest news and match results as well as a space on the website along with a rugby league blog.

http://www.timesonline.typepad.com/rugby_league/

He has been going round various message boards trying to spread the word and get people to join and post to the blog. I have and I encourage others to do so.

Coverage from a national newspaper can only be good!
Just popped in with a comment. Looks good!
butt monkey

Re: More coverage from the...

Post by butt monkey »

GeoffN posted:
pieater-alex posted:
Impressive I must say Chris Irvine has been doing his work with the times giving us regular coverage of all the latest news and match results as well as a space on the website along with a rugby league blog.

http://www.timesonline.typepad.com/rugby_league/

He has been going round various message boards trying to spread the word and get people to join and post to the blog. I have and I encourage others to do so.

Coverage from a national newspaper can only be good!
Just popped in with a comment. Looks good!
Are you "Fatboy's Limb"?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Re: More coverage from the...

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:

Are you "Fatboy's Limb"?
Nope, strangely enough I'm "Geoff"! I tend not to bother with aliases.

This is what I wrote (answering an earlier comment by "Smitty"):

Smitty: yes it has it's own section, but as it's set up now it's a subset of Rugby Union, instead of a sport in it's own right. Accessing it via the homepage means following a path from sport to rugby (Union) to rugby league.
the list of sports should show, for example, football, cricket, RU, RL ...etc.

I know it's just a quibble, in a way, but it shows how the editors still think of us as some sort of minority version of Union (despite, as someone else has already commented, a broadly similar level of support, numerically)

IMO, the URL should be changed to
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_league/
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO: just read your post on the "North v South" blog. Good one!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:DaveO: just read your post on the "North v South" blog. Good one!
I would not normally bother with the RL v RU thing debate but if there is one thing that annoys be about Union types it is this insistence it is a complex game particularly in the forwards. It isn't and I see someone else was of the the same view as me.

As I said on the blog there is a good social side to the junior RU my son plays but over the years it has got less enjoyable even at this level and I think it is because they have slowly added more players until they reached the full 15-a-side compliment. Last week at training they were even teaching them to pass the ball out from the scrum and then take it back into the forwards (as you see happen a lot in the Internationals). I am starting to doubt of my son will ever get a pass out on the wing ever again. He came away last week saying he wanted to play inside centre and I know the only reason is he thinks he might actually get a pass.

Dave