General behaviour of all supporters...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
consigliere

General behaviour of all supporters...

Post by consigliere »

I know there is a thread about the younger supporters already but as many pointed out supporters of all ages can misbehave.

When Matt King got hurt at Wire the other day it was obvious that he was out cold. The way the medical teams were looking after him everyone knew that it could have been a serious injury.
Obvious to everyone except some idiots who were calling to get on with the game / just drag him off etc. One person suggesting he was putting it on was with someone in a wheelchair and therefore more aware than most of the possible implications of not looking out for the players welfare!

As he left the field the vast majority of us applauded him but the few remained unmoved saying things like "I'm not clapping on of theirs".

Now I know these are a tiny minority and I know that they were wrong. But, the way supporters coming through act at games is down to the example they are given by older supporters.
Enjoy your day out, have as much or as little to drink as you like but remember this is Rugby League. Behave the way Rugby League fans are famous for ~ Whatever your age!

www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
trotski_tgwu

Re: General behaviour of all supporters...

Post by trotski_tgwu »

consigliere wrote:I know there is a thread about the younger supporters already but as many pointed out supporters of all ages can misbehave.

When Matt King got hurt at Wire the other day it was obvious that he was out cold. The way the medical teams were looking after him everyone knew that it could have been a serious injury.
Obvious to everyone except some idiots who were calling to get on with the game / just drag him off etc. One person suggesting he was putting it on was with someone in a wheelchair and therefore more aware than most of the possible implications of not looking out for the players welfare!

As he left the field the vast majority of us applauded him but the few remained unmoved saying things like "I'm not clapping on of theirs".

Now I know these are a tiny minority and I know that they were wrong. But, the way supporters coming through act at games is down to the example they are given by older supporters.
Enjoy your day out, have as much or as little to drink as you like but remember this is Rugby League. Behave the way Rugby League fans are famous for ~ Whatever your age!

Well Said thats one of the reasons i follow Wigan, A great family sport & Club.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Jimmy Birts

Re: General behaviour of all s...

Post by Jimmy Birts »

I see the behaviour police are out again!

I remember when oppostion players went down injured in big games at Central Park in the 80's or 90's that the Popular Side invariably chanted, 'O die y'b**tard die'

Some people are blowing this whole 'trouble at Warrington' thing out of all proportion. I'm at a loss as to why people are suddenly jumping on the high horse about the behaviour of fans.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Jimmy Birts wrote:I see the behaviour police are out again!

I remember when oppostion players went down injured in big games at Central Park in the 80's or 90's that the Popular Side invariably chanted, 'O die y'b**tard die'

Some people are blowing this whole 'trouble at Warrington' thing out of all proportion. I'm at a loss as to why people are suddenly jumping on the high horse about the behaviour of fans.
Well I watched Wigan through that period and never remember that :eh:
You always will and always have had the odd idiot, not much worse now, the real difference may be segregation , if you were giving out banter there was a line , if a young lad was giving it the big man from one stand to a hard looking supporter sat 50 yards away in another stand you may say he was an idiot ,if he was stood next to him doing the same you would know he was :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

i always clap any player who is carried off injured, that is how i've been brought up, and that is the example i intend to set to anyone i introduce to rugby league.

it isn't hard to show some respect, and manners cost nothing.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was brought up to clap if a player got injured, I was also brought up to applaud the opposing teams endeavours. If my team scored, I applauded them, likewise if the opposing team scored you applauded them also, you just hope your team score more points and win the game.

And that is what is, a game, and the players are playing to entertain us.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bear

Post by Bear »

I never applaud the away team when they score :lol: The way i was braught up... But my dad did used to clap when the opposing team was comming out.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:Cant get my head around the ...Clap when the other team score bit...Cant really see myself clapping when Saints score to be honest :conf:

And if mum or dad ever did it, i`ll tie there hands up!!
That's how I was brought up, can't help it just do it. And yes, I have applauded Saints scoring. I class myself as a rugby league fan, but a Wigan supporter. You applaud if a player does something well even if it is against your own team.
Sorry if that offends you.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I clap lightly when opposing teams enter the JJB, or when they do something that makes Rugby League special like a spectacular try.

I never clap Saints, ever! It isnt Nurture, it's nature.

If any player is injured be it Sean Long I would clap them off if they were in King's situation... They are afterall a pro no matter what shirt they wear
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

Jimmy Birts wrote:I see the behaviour police are out again!

get a spade and bury the b@$tard