Gutted Doesnt Even Cover It

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Gutted Doesnt Even Cover It

Post by ChrisA »

I really cannot believe that, we had that game in the bag, we playe dwell as a team in both attack and defence, we dominated the game throughout and gave lost in the last few minutes. The killer was our injuries, we had to many players pick up injuries and the guys who where left just ran out of gas in the end, however bad we the fans feel i bet the players feel a whole lot worse.

On the plus side, alot of our new guys really showed up tonight,

Moran was a good leader throughot the game
Vaeliki scored 2 tries, the second took some scoring
Guisset was awsome, how much work did he through for his 1st game.

Hopefully Seuseu will be back next week and we can get 3 props in the squad for the 1st time in a year, that Widnes game cant come fast enough now.
thegimble

Re: Gutted Doesnt Even Cover I...

Post by thegimble »

ChrisA posted:
I really cannot believe that, we had that game in the bag, we playe dwell as a team in both attack and defence, we dominated the game throughout and gave lost in the last few minutes. The killer was our injuries, we had to many players pick up injuries and the guys who where left just ran out of gas in the end, however bad we the fans feel i bet the players feel a whole lot worse
Our major problem is the lack of physical pressence in the side. They were out on their fee until the 65th min. Then we went down fast. Top 6 even though were just into the season looks beyond us. Next 3 games are supposedly wins but if we don not win 2 out of the 3 well end up in the bottom half of the league.

The injury is a problem but this is on going for the last 18 months. We need a change in luck or this is going to be a long season. Bradford are poor and the result says a lot.
On the plus side, alot of our new guys really showed up tonight,

Moran was a good leader throughot the game
Vaeliki scored 2 tries, the second took some scoring
Guisset was awsome, how much work did he through for his 1st game.

Hopefully Seuseu will be back next week and we can get 3 props in the squad for the 1st time in a year, that Widnes game cant come fast enough now.
RRR

Re: Gutted Doesnt Even Cov...

Post by RRR »

Bit harsh i think mr Gimble there was a great many positives to take from that game for us and as for Bradford being a poor team don't be daft they make the Grand final every year for a reason it's not luck! Our boys were out on their feet these things happen in rugby league it is a contact sport after all! :roll: was an entertaining game really.
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

still in shock.. don`t believe we lost that game!! wow.. might have been entertaining for a neutral, but you could sense we wre in trouble at the 70 mark.. the gas in the tank had gone..

still in shock.. can`t beleive it... :eh:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

RRR posted:
Bit harsh i think mr Gimble there was a great many positives to take from that game for us and as for Bradford being a poor team don't be daft they make the Grand final every year for a reason it's not luck! Our boys were out on their feet these things happen in rugby league it is a contact sport after all! :roll: was an entertaining game really.
Great many positives. We now have 2 points from 6 thats positive. Bradford last week got turned over by Widnes. Bradford was very poor tonight. Playing well is not good enough. Id rather look bad and win than look good and loose.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I am absolutely broken hearted. If we had won this post would be so different, I felt confident all the way through, Bradford were never in it and even with some completely stupid decisions I thought we would still win it. I just can't believe it, what happened? I know we got a few injuries during the game but we just didn't seem to play for the full 80. As we did last year, once we were infront we let go a bit and you just can't do that. Bradford had a lot to prove tonight so it was never going to be easy.

Very upset as we've now lost at home for the first time in over a year. I was blaming Kev Brown for their last try but my sisters friend (who is brown obsessive) says he wasn't on the pitch, whoever it was though came out of their defensive line 3 times during the game and not once did it come off so why they did it in the last 5 minutes I don't know.

Yeah there were a lot of positives out of the match, we looked very strong in the first half, our defence was strong even without some of our bigger players and our attacking play was creative. I was happy with the running, we're doing a lot of strong running and always looking to offload which is a positive, I think we just need to learn to know when to pass and when not to.

So angry at the moment I can't even put sentences together and I'm freezing cold, have a throat infection headache and tummy ache and my toes are frozen AND I'm getting mithered by my sisters. ARGHHHHHH

Bring on a few pints :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Great many positives. We now have 2 points from 6 thats positive. Bradford last week got turned over by Widnes. Bradford was very poor tonight. Playing well is not good enough. Id rather look bad and win than look good and loose.
I think what even I am forgetting is that we had a lot of bad decisions given against us which eventually did add up. In the first half we played against those decisions, we did really well to keep concentration against Sh*** like Ganson, second half it was too much. Thought the crowd was good tonight, really enjoyed the atmosphere although I feel a bit sick now from all the shouting
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!