Is this what we can expect this season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gab0512

Re: Is this what we can ex...

Post by gab0512 »

If the supporters don't think we can win then this will transmit to the players, thus speeding the decline as you call it.

Keep the faith Doug - This team will surprise us all! :D
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

[quote]Doug Stand posted:
OK for me the glory days were everything after and including the the JPT final in 83. I started a couple of years before that, I think the team went something like, Fairburn, Ramsdale, Stockley, Foy, Williams, Bolton, Stevens, Bowman, Kiss, Melling, Nanyn, Boyd, Pendlebury...

Stop, Doug, you're scaring me. I had a picture of that team on the mantelpiece to keep the kids away from the fire. IMO Wigan's worst team of all time. No wonder you can appreciate the good things at Wigan after that lot.
I think, however, we should get a bit further down the line before we start placing our team behind those others you mentioned. I remember the team of all stars losing to the likes of Sheffield Eagles in the league and a very ordinary Wakefield team (containing a very young H.Paul) coming to Wigan and winning. There is quite a long list of similar disappointments if you think hard enough.
Give it a bit longer.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

gab0512 posted:
If the supporters don't think we can win then this will transmit to the players, thus speeding the decline as you call it.

Keep the faith Doug - This team will surprise us all! :D
Yep...I am surprised.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!